Almost new Monte..so cheap

Defenderben

Was looking at Citigo's as SWMBO's is just over 3 years old, so was having a look around, nothing serious.

Quick search of Auto trader shows a few nearly new cars for (IMO) ridiculously low prices Westover Skoda have a 15plate with 12 miles for £7,489!

If they are going this cheap bet they would offer rock bottom PX on anything coming back.

Last time I was in my local Skoda they were pushing the wife to go for a new Monte but that was more like £10k

Don't go near Westover, **** company and no respect for cars, no matter how cheap or what offers I'd never use them again

Edit - They broke my car instead of fixing it, didn't plug the AC sensor back in correctly, bloody idiots

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 1

Oh I might add earlier on this year (before August) I got them to look at the car (was making a funny noise on start up's so when the engine was cold) they took my car for a joy ride.. (I know this because they gave my car back to me 3 days later in a disgusting state, covered in road salt and debris, I gave it to them spotless), they told me they need to look into it further so have ordered a quote "special tool" (still no clue to this day what that was) anyway gave it back to them a few weeks later for further testing, the service manager lied to my face, said he took it a few miles down the road to test drive it (to tower park) I didn't believe him and reviewed the dashcam, he drove it a minute down the road to the Westover parts place (I presume to pick something up) and drove the car back (hardly a test drive) they said they needed to do further tests and ordered another "special tool" and they'd phone me once it was here to bring the car back in, this was all before August and I'm still waiting for that phone call.. I now drive an hour out of my way to use Meadens instead of Westover (Rant over)

Edited by Hyphons

If I bought one it would end up at my local Skoda for all other works, servicing etc. They are great and always go the extra mile.

I assume these with 10 or12 miles but on 15 plates must have been sat somewhere or in a showroom?

Edited by Defenderben

If I bought one it would end up at my local Skoda for all other works, servicing etc. They are great and always go the extra mile.

I assume these with 10 or12 miles but on 15 plates must have been sat somewhere or in a showroom?

Or taken to Sainsbury's down the road, noticed a couple of times a new Skoda's been driven by one of the dealers as I've recognised there face

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I bought the monte from Westover on Saturday, just saw this thread so I thought I'd say hi!

I'm pleased with the car so far and the sales guy seemed ok too. As I live 90 miles away from Salisbury I won't be using their service department, which is a good job by the sounds of it!

I managed to knock a bit off the screen price and they gave me a brand new boxed pid apposed to the one which came with the car. All in all very pleased with my purchase, I was looking at buying new but have saved loads of money doing it this way.

• Like 3

Well done and welcome to the forum.

I saw it on Auto trader and could hardly believe how cheap it was just because it was a 15 plate but had delivery miles on.

Sounds like you graabed a bargain and a great little car :)

Buying pre-registered or very nearly new is a really good way to save a couple of grand.

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 2

Sounds like high UK stocks of Citigos in Skoda Compounds and Dealerships .Which now need shifting. too hit cash flow targets.

Get in there, it won't last long! No doubt  with 0% PCP and Free 3 year servicing available?

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I bought it outright so didn't get the 0% pcp if it was available and i didn't get any free servicing but for the price i paid i'm still happy. There was one in Derby for a similar price and only a few hundred more miles on the clock too but i did't go to look at that one.