Boot Liner

Othen

Hi Alan,

received email from them 10 minutes ago saying they are more than happy to refund £10. Replied straight back I want to return the item for a full refund. I will keep you posted. 

Igor

Hi Igor,

JandJ has now offered a £7 partial refund, and is dragging its feet a little. I've turned it down, but suggested it is not worth returning the item as it will not fit anyone else's Superb Estate. It is quite heavy and I suspect would cost J&J more than a fiver in return postal charges.

J&J is liable for return charges, I found this piece on eBay which may be useful if it argues that it is not:

I wish to draw your attention to r.14(6) of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (SI 2334) Which specifically states that,
where goods are returned as a right due to a breach of a term implied by statute (specifically s. 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979),
the rights, given by r. 14(5), of a seller (yourselves) to require the buyer (myself) to bear the cost of a return is dis-applied. 

Best wishes,

Alan​

Edited by Othen

Hi Igor,

I have become bored with this and suggested that JandJ gives a refund of £15, and we forget about the whole thing. I'll swallow the remaining £5.40 as a loss and probably use the boot liner to catch drips when I change the oil and filter on my Saab 900 convertible (I do my own maintenance on that car). JandJ has accepted and says it will go back to the manufacturer to resolve the quality control issue. I think this is was a common sense compromise, there was no point wasting money, time and energy mailing the item back to London.

If you have the patience to hold out, and think it is worth it for £5.40, then I suspect you will get the full refund.

In the meantime Superb II owners should be aware this part does not fit their cars.

Best wishes,

Alan 

Edited by Othen
  • Like 1

Hi Igor,

This one just runs and runs.

Having settled on a £15 partial refund in return for closing the issue, JandJ then sent me a partial refund offer of £12 via eBay. I know £3 is not much, but I had offered a compromise and struck a deal. I suppose JandJ thought I would not notice or would not bother about £3. So, we are back to an open refund case with eBay, JandJ will not have a leg to stand on under the Sale of Goods Act and the DSR, but it is a pity to have to go through all this for a £20 item.

Alan

I persisted and received a full refund and they didn't bother with returning. No compromise guys, the part doesn't fit and therefore is not as described so demand a full refund and quote the DS Regs if they won't play ball.

Kevin

I persisted and received a full refund and they didn't bother with returning. No compromise guys, the part doesn't fit and therefore is not as described so demand a full refund and quote the DS Regs if they won't play ball.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

There has been a final twist in the tale: JandJ has suddenly relented and has refunded the whole amount to my PayPal account overnight. I suspect quoting the eBay rule regarding the DSR did the trick. There is no mention of returning the item, so I assume it is for me to dispose of it.

I'm wondering whether there is somewhere on this forum we can post a warning for Superb II owners that this item does not fit (I notice it is still for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200995385407?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT )

Best wishes,

Alan

Good morning Alan and Kevin,

I did the same and received full refund..and today I will try a bit of DIY to see what I can do with the item.

Regards,

Igor 

Hi Igor,

Well, we all got there in the end, but it was much more difficult than it should have been for a £20 item.

I had a look at the boot liner yesterday to see if it could be salvaged, and concluded it could not, but I'd be interested to see how you get on with the Stanley knife.

Alan

Hi Kevin,

There has been a final twist in the tale: JandJ has suddenly relented and has refunded the whole amount to my PayPal account overnight. I suspect quoting the eBay rule regarding the DSR did the trick. There is no mention of returning the item, so I assume it is for me to dispose of it.

I'm wondering whether there is somewhere on this forum we can post a warning for Superb II owners that this item does not fit (I notice it is still for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200995385407?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT )

Best wishes,

Alan

I did the same and received full refund..and today I will try a bit of DIY to see what I can do with the item.

Regards,

Igor

Result.

Regards,

Igor 

Hi Igor,

How did you get on with the Stanley knife?

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

How did you get on with the Stanley knife?

Alan

Hi Alan,

apologies for the late reply. Have done the job in a couple of minutes...it's not perfect but at least will save the boot floor from my 2 great danes. I have also bought a cover liner water resistant (generic one and not tailored) which will help a lot too.

Regards,

Igor

post-137819-0-06794900-1452441168_thumb.jpg

post-137819-0-99454200-1452441170_thumb.jpg

post-137819-0-50445600-1452441173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Igor73