Latest Infotainment version Bolero

1 hour ago, mkose said:

Bolero 0421 -> 0490

I am not sure it is a great idea to post these links in the open. I guess there is a reason why there has been some discretion about the sharing of those...

I have removed some links to copyright material as per forum rules which prohibit the posting of such links.

Firmware updates are dealer only.

We have already had several members render their headunits non functional by attempting to flash the firmware themselves, and Skoda will not repair or offer any help with fixing this.

Hello mannyo,

This mean this topic closed?

Or may I ask aki78 to send me the newest firmware link to my my2016 Octavia?

""Device part number: 5Q0035840A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0245

Media Codec: 2101.0.0.10

If I hold down the Menu button I can get into a Service mode screen,

"Software version": H25.14.78_STD2Plus_EU. 

"Logging": Current version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0245T (0245)

Update: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0245T (0245-2)"

in 'HMI versions': Model: GuideModel_25.14.37

HMI Software: H25.14.78_STD2Plus_EU

hmi SW base: H25.14.78-2015072116106

Actually, with all due respect, how about leaving those download links? This is a forum after all, not a Skoda dealership and every car owner has the right to do whatever they please with their vehicle, even bricking their unit. Or they can't? I would understand it if the software was modded, non-genuine and so on, but to say that you are not allowed to share official software..come on!

9 minutes ago, CjQuest said:

Actually, with all due respect, how about leaving those download links? This is a forum after all, not a Skoda dealership and every car owner has the right to do whatever they please with their vehicle, even bricking their unit. Or they can't? I would understand it if the software was modded, non-genuine and so on, but to say that you are not allowed to share official software..come on!

1) It's copyrighted material for internal (dealer) use only

2) Sooner or later direct download links will be deleted by Skoda or VAG

3) Maybe next time it will be more difficult to get copies.....

10 minutes ago, CjQuest said:

You don't really understand how copyright works, do you?

- the IP for the software that is in the radios belongs to Skoda

- the distribution of their software is supposed to happen through the channels Skoda wishes and this software was NEVER meant to be shared out of Skoda controlled circles (dealerships)

- if the links containing Skoda's property were public, Skoda would have good grounds to sue this forum and their admins and seek compensation.

So, no, those links should never be public.

2 minutes ago, aki78 said:

1) It's copyrighted material for internal (dealer) use only

2) Sooner or later direct download links will be deleted by Skoda or VAG

3) Maybe next time it will be more difficult to get copies.....

Same answer at the same time :)

Thanks for the support, Skoda have asked for links to be removed in the past so we try and kill them when they are spotted or reported now, so no links please in public.

Edited by mannyo

1 hour ago, mkose said:

Could anyone of you share the instructions and download link for 490 with me?

I would be very appreciated.

Wasn't it you who posted the links in the open across a few different threads recently?

How come you need the links now?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I would like to have this 0490 Update too for my Bolero Infotainment System. Could you please send me the link?

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should go back and read the instructions - they are quite specific about how you should request it, to whom, etc.

Coming to this thread and saying "I want the firmware" won't get you far...

9 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

I think you should go back and read the instructions - they are quite specific about how you should request it, to whom, etc.

Coming to this thread and saying "I want the firmware" won't get you far...

I took a look back to the first pages and saw actuality many people did exactly what I did to get a PM.

So @Jaco2k what should I do to make a proper request ? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Loserone said:

I took a look back to the first pages and saw actuality many people did exactly what I did to get a PM.

So @Jaco2k what should I do to make a proper request ? Thanks!