pleassssseee HELP! OVER REVVVV

DMF on the way out, you'd normally hear a rhythmic clunking  knocking which goes away when depressing the clutch pedal.

Clutch slip to me sounds like what your experiencing either by contamination as above or just general wear from a spiky torque remap

Edited by JimboVRS

OK bit of a novice when it comes to this more than likely to be oil than fuel I think my fuel pump is right at the front of the engine I will get some decreaser and rey it anyway and try that but there's nothing else I can look for?. I try and get picks in the nest day or to hope it will calm down p.s this has been like it for months with no change plus I seen a post on here about sitting g on the flat with your foot on the clutch for 5 min to see if the car will pull off is this safe as I was going to try as it's on briskoda print legit lol?.

DERV (citane) is an oil, and actually a reasonable lubricant in its own right.

Thanks Jim no way of checking the dmf for obvious reasons (big box) I will give the whole engine a clean when the weather clears and in the mean time try and getting to a mapping station to see if they can test her for me as I have no idea if it's had a map thanks guys any other thoughts will be appreciated :)..

Thanks Jim no way of checking the dmf for obvious reasons (big box) I will give the whole engine a clean when the weather clears and in the mean time try and getting to a mapping station to see if they can test her for me as I have no idea if it's had a map thanks guys any other thoughts will be appreciated :)..

Sorry guys any other ways a can check the clutch with out removing anything talking to an older family member and the mentioned something about putting coke somewhere near the clutch leave it dry if the problem goes for a short time that's the way of telling it's Defford the clutch slipping seem legit or is it going to cause more damage?. Thanks

To check the clutch accelerate gently through the gears, stick it top gear then put your foot down, as soon as it comes on boost the revs will rise rapidly but the speedo won't.

It's the clutch, end of story, anything else is denial and you need therapy for that.

To check the clutch accelerate gently through the gears, stick it top gear then put your foot down, as soon as it comes on boost the revs will rise rapidly but the speedo won't.

It's the clutch, end of story, anything else is denial and you need therapy for that.

Indeed.  A video was posted on facebook from someone in same scenario.  30 second video of the revs being at 4000 odd in top gear with speedo very gradually going 70....... 75........ 80.......  It was heartbreaking viewing.  :(

Look pal just wondering if there was any other ways around it no need to get sarky over it the only person who needs therapy is you for thinking it you tool this is a site for help and information not for people giving life advice but never the less thank you for your advice even though I've sooner had PROFESSIONAL advice have a nice day :).

• Like 2

Look pal just wondering if there was any other ways around it no need to get sarky over it the only person who needs therapy is you for thinking it you tool this is a site for help and information not for people giving life advice but never the less thank you for your advice even though I've sooner had PROFESSIONAL advice have a nice day :).

There was definitive good advice there for you, you want new friends to tell you what you want to hear then try facebook.

I am a professional but this is pro bono so no charge for you. Good luck.

I think what is being said is whatever happens the clutch needs replacing - i.e. gearbox off job

Usually when this is being done it is worth doing the other common gearbox off jobs - DMF & concentric slave cylinder (fitted to the diesel 6 speed box - this fails covering everything in clutch fluid)

People are trying to give advice here. When a clutch slips it's either a worn out clutch plate, worn out pressure plate springs , clutch plate contamination (clutch/brake fluid) or oil or a re-mapped engine that outstrips the ability of a standard clutch

If you thing the DMF is OK then you are probably damaging the flywheel friction surface (scoring/burning) by continuing to drive/slip the clutch

Edited by bigjohn

Cheers big John thanks for the advice I do respect all of the comments and advice I have no doubt in that but that tool telling me I need therapy to understand it's the clutch is a bit to far don't you think I was simply seeing if there was other ways around it being a novice I thought maybe there's tricks of the trade with this, sepulchre I took your advice gracefully but next time someone is new to something trying. G to find out if there's other ways of checking as I have a number of issues that will lead to the same kind of problems as the clutch I was simply asking to see if other people had OTHER views on the problem as in crazy remap ect so next time keep your comments of therapy to your self you may be a car professional but chose your words before you even give advice to someone you don't know that's the point I am getting at if I wanted abuse I would go on Facebook but sadly I am not as sad as these people that need that in their life I have real life friends cheers all for the advice and as usual have a nice day!!! :).

So big John haven't got the funds to change the dmf and clutch at the moment I know there's not much point in dropping the box really if I haven't got the both (just incase the dmf does need to be changed) like iv said in previous comments it's been like this for months and still going strong so if I drive her like I have been just save for the clutch and dmf that will also save on my therapy bill;) what would be the BIG sign that things are going to go bad e.g the dmf failing?. Thanks in advance..

DMF failing is usually felt by large vibrations when clutch pedal off in neutral, which goes away when clutch pedal is pushed down.  DMF failure usually takes out the gearbox in a catastrophic manner, so best to ensure DMF is OK, and change it when the clutch is changed.

However you have bigger issues - ensure you don't encourage clutch slip.  If it were me, I'd be tempted to pull the map sensor plug off or something to force the car in to limp home mode so it never produces the power to cook the clutch any more.  At least until you can afford a clutch and the labour to fit it.

Edited by devonutopia

Hey Devon thanks for the quick response :), thanks for the advice I am a suing that going into limp mode will be no boost? Just thinking this could be a 2-3 month job for me to save for everything new I am I right in saying that a dmf is around £360 on ebay?, no vibrations at the moment the but if it's going to cause even more damage then maybe I will remove the sensor like you said either that or just don't take it above 3k revs car feels great when nursed but not worth the risk. Thanks mate p.s what to you mean buy bigger issues? Clutch slip is fine until I boot her which is very rare iv lernt not to bring the power flow and can usually get her through the revs fine just very slow. . :/

Edited by blackmagic06

Then just drive sensible.

A whole clutch kit should be around £350-£400 really.  Standard sachs affair.  However it will only be time before that slips too if you have a remap.  You increase the power, you need to often get better quality components to cope with it. :)

Always drive sensible mate 3 year old in the car 90%of the time :( lol, yeah that's the price I was looking at I personally haven't had a remap put on but didn't have a lot of info with the car family member of mine bought a stage two remap vrs with all the toys to go with it iv never got around to it to be honest iv had hell with this car but love it the same time I have been told to take it to a mapping center and put it on the machine just incase there has been a crapy map put on just so when I get the parts done there should be no extra presume on the new parts so from here il drive like I have for the past few months with letting ****y cars over take me cause I can't dap my foot down hahaha thanks again lads.

Edited by blackmagic06

Cheers big John thanks for the advice I do respect all of the comments and advice I have no doubt in that but that tool telling me I need therapy to understand it's the clutch is a bit to far don't you think I was simply seeing if there was other ways around it being a novice I thought maybe there's tricks of the trade with this, sepulchre I took your advice gracefully but next time someone is new to something trying. G to find out if there's other ways of checking as I have a number of issues that will lead to the same kind of problems as the clutch I was simply asking to see if other people had OTHER views on the problem as in crazy remap ect so next time keep your comments of therapy to your self you may be a car professional but chose your words before you even give advice to someone you don't know that's the point I am getting at if I wanted abuse I would go on Facebook but sadly I am not as sad as these people that need that in their life I have real life friends cheers all for the advice and as usual have a nice day!!! :).

Don't get out of your pram over me, my day will be fine, my clutch hasn't gone.  :sun:

You need professional help if you're out of your depth this badly, don't shoot the messenger but the reference to therapy was tongue in cheek and I had no idea that I'd touched a nerve, mental health problems are no laughing matter and I'm sorry to have inadvertently made light of it.

All the best and good luck with your problems.

Don't get out of your pram over me, my day will be fine, my clutch hasn't gone.  :sun:

You need professional help if you're out of your depth this badly, don't shoot the messenger but the reference to therapy was tongue in cheek and I had no idea that I'd touched a nerve, mental health problems are no laughing matter and I'm sorry to have inadvertently made light of it.

All the best and good luck with your problems.

Dude come back down off your high horse your advice is only as good as the way you convey your message not all of us are omniscient like yourself or as patronising.

• Like 1

So big John haven't got the funds to change the dmf and clutch at the moment I know there's not much point in dropping the box really if I haven't got the both (just incase the dmf does need to be changed) like iv said in previous comments it's been like this for months and still going strong so if I drive her like I have been just save for the clutch and dmf that will also save on my therapy bill;) what would be the BIG sign that things are going to go bad e.g the dmf failing?. Thanks in advance..

Clutch slip due to brake fluid contamination ,  slip won't get dramatically worse but eventually slave cylinder won't release the clutch - biting point will get lower before this. Is the master cylinder level dropping at all?

Clutch slip due to worn pressure plate - could get dramatically worse leaving you stranded

DMF- Noise at tick-over in neutral , or a big bang if it falls apart

I am afraid you will need some therapy - of the retail variety  :devil:  (Sorry couldn't resist)

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1