Footwell Lighting Retro Fit CECM Pin

Hi, I have got a kit of 4 LED foot well lights and wiring for my Octavia but am struggling to find out which pin it goes into. Doing a little bit of digging around I find that on the FL vRS it should be Pin 50. Can any1 help me?

What about thsir ability to shine red instead of white?

I imagine that the idea is to have red light - the least dazzling colour - while on the move, and clear bright white when the car is stopped and you want to find the stuff you dropped on the floor?

What about thsir ability to shine red instead of white?

I imagine that the idea is to have red light - the least dazzling colour - while on the move, and clear bright white when the car is stopped and you want to find the stuff you dropped on the floor?

Its footwell lighting that only lights while you enter the car or interior lights are on.

• Like 1

It's pin B50 of the BCM on the fl mk2. Ground can be taken from anywhere and it'll need coding in :-)

Many thanks for this. The kit i bought came in 2 pieces so has 2 pins and 2 grounds. do i just join them together and send 1 to pin 50 and ground the other?

Its footwell lighting that only lights while you enter the car or interior lights are on.

On the fl you can also set them to be on whenever the headlights are on. The brightness is adjusted via maxidot or VCDS.

• Like 1

On the fl you can also set them to be on whenever the headlights are on. The brightness is adjusted via maxidot or VCDS.

i didnt know that but not sure I would like to use them while driving unless they were fairly dim.

i didnt know that but not sure I would like to use them while driving unless they were fairly dim.

They aren't bright at all with the standard W5W halogens at 30%, I quite like it as they interior can be quite dark otherwise. You can take it all the way down to 10% if I remember or turn it off completely, depends on your preference. They are still at 100% when a door is opened.

Many thanks for this. The kit i bought came in 2 pieces so has 2 pins and 2 grounds. do i just join them together and send 1 to pin 50 and ground the other?

Yup, there is only the one power feed so I would splice the two powers together and put them into pin b50. Just check that all four lights in parallel rather than in series and you should be fine.

• Like 1

They aren't bright at all with the standard W5W halogens at 30%, I quite like it as they interior can be quite dark otherwise. You can take it all the way down to 10% if I remember or turn it off completely, depends on your preference. They are still at 100% when a door is opened.

Yup, there is only the one power feed so I would splice the two powers together and put them into pin b50. Just check that all four lights in parallel rather than in series and you should be fine.

Thanks for that. So just to confirm when you say pin b50, is that plug B and pin 50 of the CECM?  Thanks

Gary

Best retro fit I did.

I've got mine set to 30% while doors r closed. They aren't distracting at all. They're god send - if u drop something while driving, u can still find it and pick it up, without having to turn on the interior lights or stop the car!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so today I went to fit. Straight away i noticed that the connect on the wiring from the lights to the CECM is too small. If you look at this image pin 50 is not a small square one like the end of the wiring. My lights need a bigger terminal to fit?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20420&d=1336687329

This is like the terminal on my wiring.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/golfdayday/Ebay/000979009E_zpsgoai6bx3.jpg~original

Can anyone help?