vRS 280 tsi rumour

Hi guys

Just picked up my new vRS 220 a few days ago (which I'm absolutely loving) and while chatting to my salesman, he mentioned that Skoda are planning a new vRS 280 TSI 4x4 which will come with both DSG and manual transmission. He said it was due for launch 2016 but couldn't say more.

Anyone else heard anything about this or do you reckon it was just a complete load?

Seeing as Skoda already have a 280ps available in the new Superb it's not totally inconceivable. Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

...Skoda are planning a new vRS 280 TSI 4x4 which will come with both DSG and manual transmission. 

Blimey, they normally come with one or the other, not both!  :p

....I'll get me coat...

• Like 2

Its a bit irrelevant given there are meant to be maps to get that anyway.

Although that said, I'd much rather go straight for a designed in model with no ****ing about rather than having to quote this that and the other things modified on insurance.

One reason why my stock octy is so much less hassle than the Fabia ( which only has in relative terms quite minor style and body modifications, but I still mentioned them, its the hassle and complication when it comes to insurance shopping that pees me off).

Its a bit irrelevant given there are meant to be maps to get that anyway.

Although that said, I'd much rather go straight for a designed in model with no ****ing about rather than having to quote this that and the other things modified on insurance.

One reason why my stock octy is so much less hassle than the Fabia ( which only has in relative terms quite minor style and body modifications, but I still mentioned them, its the hassle and complication when it comes to insurance shopping that pees me off).

Not if its 4x4 as OP says.

There is no official info on this. All the talk of the 280 vRS is purely interweb gossip.

There's quite a lot of info and traffic on the subject if you search, but if you actually read the articles, look at the source, and follow the various links they all end up being speculation :)

The 230 is about as good as it will get I think. Im actually surprised Skoda were allowed by VAG to give the vRS TSI the majority of the GTI PP upgrades..

was more surprised about the vRS TDI 4x4.

Time for a rumour on Skoda planning an 'All New 4th Generation Octavia'.

Surely some thought and planning must have gone into this.

There must be Drawings, mock ups, even something as 'Insider' can leak to Auto Express.

If so then maybe some tasty run out model Octavia using the now becoming redundant Volkswagen Group parts that they have plenty of as they fail to shift lots of VW, Audi and Seat in 2016.

Time for a rumour on Skoda planning an 'All New 4th Generation Octavia'.

Surely some thought and planning must have gone into this.

There must be Drawings, mock ups, even something as 'Insider' can leak to Auto Express.

If so then maybe some tasty run out model Octavia using the now becoming redundant Volkswagen Group parts that they have plenty of as they fail to shift lots of VW, Audi and Seat in 2016.

Goneoffski, may I ask what car you own?

Ahhh OK just wondered why you hated skoda so much and much prefer every other manufacturer on the planet! I don't think I've ever seen you answer a post with a positive skoda answer! At 1st I thought you was a wind up merchant that was anti skoda. I think you once told me my vrs tsi was a " warm hatch with less power than an old 1.4 tsi!" and I've read many comment since at you digging at people's cars and how poor they are! It is a skoda owners club, if your sat looking at your laferrari hybrid or your porsche 918 spider drinking £1000 champagne then maybe your on the wrong forum! I don't understand if you hate skoda so bad why you are always on here? I'd sell them skodas you own as clearly every other car is better! Please don't take offence at this post I'm just making a point, you post like you once had a skoda and a bad experience and want to destroy their reputation. I've owned audis, BMW, lexus and other top end cars, I now own a vrs tsi and I absolutely love it, it serves every purpose I need it for and is not much different to the "top end" brand cars I've owned, if I felt any different I'd trade it in simple! Haha peace out.

• Like 1

Ahhh OK just wondered why you hated skoda so much and much prefer every other manufacturer on the planet! I don't think I've ever seen you answer a post with a positive skoda answer! At 1st I thought you was a wind up merchant that was anti skoda. I think you once told me my vrs tsi was a " warm hatch with less power than an old 1.4 tsi!" and I've read many comment since at you digging at people's cars and how poor they are! It is a skoda owners club, if your sat looking at your laferrari hybrid or your porsche 918 spider drinking £1000 champagne then maybe your on the wrong forum! I don't understand if you hate skoda so bad why you are always on here? I'd sell them skodas you own as clearly every other car is better! Please don't take offence at this post I'm just making a point, you post like you once had a skoda and a bad experience and want to destroy their reputation. I've owned audis, BMW, lexus and other top end cars, I now own a vrs tsi and I absolutely love it, it serves every purpose I need it for and is not much different to the "top end" brand cars I've owned, if I felt any different I'd trade it in simple! Haha peace out.

Nicely put, and I too have been in the same position re ownership of top end marks, RS4's, M5's etc, and am, if not more, excited at receiving my new vrs. ;-)

I'd like to add, what George doesn't know about Skoda's, any variant, isn't worth worrying about. He might hate them but he knows his stuff

Nezman you'll love it! Enjoy it for what it is a fun car that believe me will turn heads as every Tom **** and Harry doesn't have one! And if you don't think the quality of the seats is the same as your mates Bentley continental then get yourself to the Bentley garage and buy one! Hahaha!

I'd like to add, what George doesn't know about Skoda's, any variant, isn't worth worrying about. He might hate them but he knows his stuff

Nobody said he didn't know his stuff I just can't believe he's on here if he hates them so bad!

Nicely put, and I too have been in the same position re ownership of top end marks, RS4's, M5's etc, and am, if not more, excited at receiving my new vrs. ;-)

My brother has a 435d m sport brand new 15 plate and we both agree there's nothing in it drivability wise!

I dont hate Skodas, i own Skodas, but i am honest about them, what i dislike is Penny Pinching on important Mechanical Components 

and spending on Bling.

I seriously dislike the Volkswagen Group manipulating the Skoda and Seat figures against the VW & Audi figures.

Also i seriously dislike the kidology from Sales People and the Volkswagen Group Spin Machine.

As to digging at peoples cars, i think you will find that is at these cars with owners on some parallel planet where ordinary vehicles are somehow 

wonderful with a Remap or Tuning box and all public roads challenge their sporting driving skills with a UK NSL od 60 mph.

That's fair enough as I say it just seemed like you hate skoda! I do agree with you in certain aspects little things like the chrome key bit and the diff! But if I'm honest just about every person who's been in my car and looked around it says they prefer the looks of mine to the golf gti! I too think the vrs Octavia has a good look about it, I'm not Comparing it to a new rs6 or anything just think it looks well and have also had many comments about it, I also like the way it drives and am satisfied with its power!

I spend a fair bit of time at Skoda and other Dealerships and have done for a lot of years now, and often i hear about rumours and stories 

and sometimes when i asked where they heard something it seemingly came from me, they read it online.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

I dont hate Skodas, i own Skodas, but i am honest about them, what i dislike is Penny Pinching on important Mechanical Components

and spending on Bling.

I seriously dislike the Volkswagen Group manipulating the Skoda and Seat figures against the VW & Audi figures.

Also i seriously dislike the kidology from Sales People and the Volkswagen Group Spin Machine.

As to digging at peoples cars, i think you will find that is at these cars with owners on some parallel planet where ordinary vehicles are somehow

wonderful with a Remap or Tuning box and all public roads challenge their sporting driving skills with a UK NSL od 60 mph.

What do you mean by manipulating skoda figure against vw/audi?

• Like 1