Boot Divider

Hello 

picking up our Skoda Octavia VRS Estate at the end of this month and looking to find out if any other owners have had success installing a boot divider with the Skoda manufacturers dog guard. Most sites selling dividers seem to suggest they'll only install in combination with their own dog guards. 

Can someone clarify? Need to separate dog/baby pram etc. 

thank you! 

I bought the travall dog guard and divider. Cheaper than the skoda guard and doesn't require you to drill into the head lining to fit it. 

If fitted properly it barely squeaks and does a brilliant job of stopping my Labrador jumping on the pram.

Hi Weiss 

my question is then its to late for us to stop Skoda from installing their guard as car was built last week and we're awaiting delivery. 

The likes of Travall say their divider ONLY works with their guard is this the case or just a way to get more money from customer. 

could I install the divider with the Skoda guard? 

The Travall divider wont work with the oem guard. It has two pins that sit in the top of the guard and a screw to secure it just behind the middle headrest.

I'm not sure when they fit the guards, my guess would be that it is done at the dealer but you would have to check with them.

I'll try and get some pictures of mine tomorrow to better describe it all.

• Like 1

The Travall divider wont work with the oem guard. It has two pins that sit in the top of the guard and a screw to secure it just behind the middle headrest.

I'm not sure when they fit the guards, my guess would be that it is done at the dealer but you would have to check with them.

I'll try and get some pictures of mine tomorrow to better describe it all.

Guard is fitted by Dealer so shouldnt have any issues in cancelling

got some pics

post-99909-0-47301700-1452281464_thumb.jpgpost-99909-0-67742800-1452281464_thumb.jpg

The second photo shows the locking screw for the divider to the guard and the hook at the top. The underside of the hook has two pins that slot into two holes in the guard. 

It fits really well and both parts are really easy to remove when needed.

I use the one of the two locking screws to loop my dogs lead onto and stop her launching out of the boot.

• Like 2

Thanks Weiss 

I rang Skoda and they have already attached the dog guard so no going back with the OEM one. So i'll either have to use a crate to seperate the dog from the rest of the boot or purchase the full set and remove the Skoda OEM one... Not ideal but I don't want to give the dog the full boot considering we have to transport our sons pram/buggy/trike etc with us. 

AK

I did ask them and they seemed to give me there sales talk that the divider only goes with the guard etc. 

I'm sure i'll work something out, pity Skoda doesn't sell a divider to go with their guard! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all Travall users,

Sorry for coming again with this subject, but I really need your help... Probably Weiss can help me a bit more with some photos....

So, as mentioned before by some users the Travall Dog Guard is different for any car with the panoramic sunroof (the grill is smaller due to the fact of the roff being also lower than the normal roof). This is my case, I have the Panoramic Roof.

Now, that the family is growing.... I am very disappointed with Travall. How come a brand like them manufactures a Dog Guard for car with panoramis sunroof (that I am very pleased with , by the way!) but then they don't have the option of the boot divider for this case!!!! Honestly, that doesn't make any sense to me....

Contacted them, and they are not even thinking to produce it (I think it will not be a difficult modification to do to the original one). That's where I need some help from you (all users that have the boot divider for the normal octavia, please) I need some detailed pictures (please) from the boot divider because I think, once I lower (cut & weld) the top part of the divider that will allow the divider to go in with the panoramic roof...

Can someone please help me befor I buy the part and do the modification.

Thank you so much in advanced 

My car, an ex-demo belonging to Skoda UK, came with a dog guard - Travall !!!  Didn't even realise until reading the above Skoda did their own version.

I purchased a divider direct from Travall. To fix the divider, it has to go over the top of the dog guard for the locating lugs to slot in so that may well be why there is no option for the sunroof.

However I returned the divider to Travall due to another design issue. The dog guard can be fixed with the luggage cover in it's normal position. Having leather seats, this means the top of the rear seats are protected by the cover. However you need to remove the luggage cover to attach the divider thus exposing the leather to my four-legged friend. Not a good idea.

But say I protect the top of the rear seats with something else, what then to do with the luggage cover? The divider only works when the variable height boot floor is in it's lowest position therefore the place where Skoda designed you store it isn't available.

I'm really impressed by the quality of the Travall gear, but if they'd just taken a little more thought over it's design, the luggage cover could very easily have remained inside the car. The whole point of buying a large estate was so that I didn't have to keep emptying / refilling the boot.

Edited by Guest

Hi Scot5,

Great post and I agree with you, though, I have the hatchbag, just like Weiss and it does a really good job protecting the leather from our friends....

Any ideas/ photos about doing a modification on the normal divider to a panoramic sunroof car?

Best regards

Hi Palhete

well good timing

i have same as you 2015 with a pano roof.

I looked at the Travall site, seems their dog guards are made by a company called Guardsman, in Birmingham. Guardsman have their own website and you can buy direct from them, also slightly cheaper.. check out their website. Travall are just a reseller of Guardsman kit.

they now only make/list one guard for a mk 3 estate, I rang and have been told it fits both sunroof and non sunroof Octavia. They also emailed images too.  (Mk 2oct did have two different sizes)

they say there is enough clearance to accommodate the lower roof lining----so I have brought one, arrived yesterday so will have a go at fitting it and post a pic for you.

Also they make the dividers too, one for a raised floor and one also for the lower floor and can be fixed in a few different positions along the dogguard.

i am now in the market for a dog boot liner,  is a hatch bag liner any good?

Andy

Edited by andyasjl

5 hours ago, andyasjl said:

Hi Palhete

well good timing

I looked at the Travall site, seems their dog guards are made by a company called Guardsman, in Birmingham. Guardsman have their own website and you can buy direct from them, also slightly cheaper.. check out their website. Travall are just a reseller of Guardsman kit.

they now only make/list one guard for a mk 3 estate, I rang and have been told it fits both sunroof and non sunroof Octavia. They also emailed images too.  (Mk 2oct did have two different sizes)

they say there is enough clearance to accommodate the lower roof lining----so I have brought one, arrived yesterday so will have a go at fitting it and post a pic for you.

Also they make the dividers too, one for a raised floor and one also for the lower floor and can be fixed in a few different positions along the dogguard.

Andy

Hatchbag is great, but a faff if you need to get underneath it! You can see it in the picture below. 

8B908B69-B5B4-4F98-8C7B-659A7CFC4500.jpeg

7 hours ago, andyasjl said:

Hi Palhete

well good timing

Andy

'

Certainly not the impression I got. You may well be correct the fixings are made by Guardsman but from the pics I saw, the guard that Guardsman sold on their website was very different from the guard Travall sold - look at the fixings:

G1341.jpg

TDG1404.jpg

It's really good that Guardsman make a divider for either upper or lower floor positions but just going on the pics, the Travall gear looks more custom built to the particular model of car - their dividers follow the contours of the car more closely - that's probably why it's no good for the sunroof.

Guardsman's configuration is certainly more flexible tho.

The Travall one I had only came with a divider that could be used with the boot floor in the lower position.

Mmm.. Scot maybe your right, I spent ages looking into this, it must of been another site reselling the guardsman kit rebranded, anyway seems both are similar and will kept dog in the boot, this stuff can give you a migraine, never simple!

20 hours ago, andyasjl said:

Hi Palhete

well good timing

Andy

Hi Andy thanks a lot for your precious reply, it is trully appreciated!

Looking in to the pictures,  I think either or are copy of each other, they are slightly different in waht concerns design and materials.... My problem here is not the floor but as you also mentioned the pano sunroof... 

Looked into their website and the boot divider will have the same problem as the Travall one for the pano sunroof.... the higher clips will be too high seen the height of the pano sunroof dog barrier... will need to cut and weld the top part so it can fit inside. The roof is quite a bit lower on our version... if you look into the pictures of the 2 dog barriers pano roof (there is one less row of squares in height for our version) I hope I explained myself good, and sorry for my English.

I would love pictures of the travall normal divider to see if I can do the conversion.

15 hours ago, wg100 said:

Hatchbag is great, but a faff if you need to get underneath it! You can see it in the picture below. 

8B908B69-B5B4-4F98-8C7B-659A7CFC4500.jpeg

Totally agree!!!!

It has been a great adition to mine!!!! I have exact the same set-up and colour as you!!!! Great choice! :P Even the boot mat. I^ve got the Skoda original one as you I think!!!

The same opinion about getting your hands into the lower part... I avoid put stuff there, only if you need to change the tire....

12 hours ago, Scot5 said:

'

Certainly not the impression I got. You may well be correct the fixings are made by Guardsman but from the pics I saw, the guard that Guardsman sold on their website was very different from the guard Travall sold - look at the fixings:

G1341.jpg

TDG1404.jpg

It's really good that Guardsman make a divider for either upper or lower floor positions but just going on the pics, the Travall gear looks more custom built to the particular model of car - their dividers follow the contours of the car more closely - that's probably why it's no good for the sunroof.

Guardsman's configuration is certainly more flexible tho.

The Travall one I had only came with a divider that could be used with the boot floor in the lower position.

Agreed!

Tahnk you all for the replies!!!

Any detailed photos of te Travall Divider for normal version???

Regards,

13 hours ago, Palhete said:

Any detailed photos of te Travall Divider for normal version???

Regards,

Didn't take photos before I returned mine but it's no different from what Travall have on their website:

a2e981e125b7fa2b1eef752878b66bb9.image.3

4f34823dee019f72a67b635e790c738a.image.3

Hi and Sorry all,

I've tried to do my best in drawing in the computer so you can give me your advice...

Once Travall doesn't bother about producing a boot divider for ours PanoRoofs my idea is to cut (1 line of squares of the normal boot divider). Checking both PanoRoof and normal dog guards the only difference to me is that the panoroof one is 1 line of squares lower than the normal one. ( please correct if I'm wrong)

So, if I cut that measure on the boot divider and reweld again on the new position that should work? all the other fixings are on the same spot.... I think.

Regards5a6e66a185582_DogGuardPanoRoof.thumb.jpg.b8e0f75e8eb3e5a51da6794c6e51162a.jpgimage.png.c350a361d4f00c833266c49378ff73e2.png