New vRS Order Advice

Hi guys,

I'm back in the wonderful world of Octavia vRS after a short sabbatical in other cars (nothing came close in afraid!).

Well, I'm almost back anyway, I placed my order on 23rd December for a 1st March delivery. Now my main questions relate to VCDS and what can and cannot be enabled on the 16MY. I suppose it'll be easier to list what options I've gone for first so you have all the info, so here goes:

Columbus sat nav

Winter pack

Black pack plus

Electric folding mirrors

Front and rear Park aid with rear camera

Kessy

And that's it! Oh, and it's a DSG hatchback.

There's a few things that I'm quite interested in adding, but I want to check if they're available via VCDS first on the 16MY. These are the road sign recognition, high beam assist and cornering fogs. And if there are any differences/faults compared to buying them as extras from the factory.

I'm also interested to know if Skoda do a factory fit dog guard for the hatchback? And if anyone knows a rough price for the boot tray (preferably rubber, but a price for the plastic one wouldn't go a miss either!). If no one's sure, I'll ask my dealer for these last ones, I've just been really busy with work recently.

If someone could shed any light on any of those questions, I would be really grateful! And it's good to see the forum is still going strong too :)

Edited by AshGSmith

I've got the rear camera and the main problem is it being exposed all the time so you get rain spots and dirt hindering your view.

The C250 had a little flap it hid behind and kept it clean.

Still handy though might try some hydrophobic spray on the lens or something see if that helps.

I've got the rear camera and the main problem is it being exposed all the time so you get rain spots and dirt hindering your view.

The C250 had a little flap it hid behind and kept it clean.

Still handy though might try some hydrophobic spray on the lens or something see if that helps.

I also have the rear camera and agree with this comment. On dark, rainy evenings, and if there's any road dirt on the lens then the camera is almost useless. Poor design by Skoda in my opinion, the same camera on the VW Golf is protected by hiding it behind the VW logo boot handle. Still, it's nice to have in the better weather though...

• Like 1

I've gone for Race Blue, same as my old one :)

That's kind of my question really, I'm not sure if it's as easy as turning the option (cornering fogs) on using VCDS, but it sounds like it is!

On the VCDS thread it says something about warnings on the dash if the road sign recognition is enabled, can anyone shed any light on this?

I've gone for Race Blue, same as my old one :)

On the VCDS thread it says something about warnings on the dash if the road sign recognition is enabled, can anyone shed any light on this?

I believe the warning came with earlier versions of the lane assist camera. I've got an MY16 Vrs with Amundsen nav and colour maxi dot and have enabled traffic sign recognition with no warnings. You can add high beam assist and cornering fogs too (the Vrs has two fog light bulbs each side with different channels so you can set one or both with cornering function).

• Like 1

Tbf I'm not too fussed about a spare wheel. I did contemplate the Canton system, but have been told by everyone that I've spoken to that it's really not worth the extra wonga!

tHe spare wheel is money well spent, the can of gunge wont fix a blowout or a damaged rim if you hit one of our country'wonderfulpot holes,

I believe the warning came with earlier versions of the lane assist camera. I've got an MY16 Vrs with Amundsen nav and colour maxi dot and have enabled traffic sign recognition with no warnings. You can add high beam assist and cornering fogs too (the Vrs has two fog light bulbs each side with different channels so you can set one or both with cornering function).

That's all really good info to know, thanks for that! Will definitely save my pennies and ask a nice friendly Briskodian to assist me on that front in return for beer tokens!

Not going to lie, I'm getting really impatient waiting for it now, and I've got nearly a full two months to wait still. Counting down the days!