Recall

Cars gone in this morning for the paint....

While I was booking it in Service mentioned their was a recall. Something to do with the fuse box ?

Nothing changed just a check he said.

Anyone have more details ?

I do wish they would call them Service Campaigns and not Recalls or Recall Actions if they are not contacting 'All Registered keepers' 

with vehicles needing a Service Campaign Action'.

You find out only if in for something else, and that is hit or miss and not a 'Recall'.

?

Or has anyone had a Letter or Phone call saying,

'Come on down at our expense there is a recall for something to do with a fuse box'.?

The link doesnt tell you what the recall is about just that the vehicle is affected by 'a recall'. Mine is in tomorrow for a check on the KESSY so I will ask and report back tomorrow

• Like 1

While I was booking it in Service mentioned their was a recall. Something to do with the fuse box ?

Nothing changed just a check he said.

Anyone have more details ?

Mine's due a recall :thumbdown:

I would imagine if it’s fuse box related then they will all be affected?

Mine certainly is.

This recall serves to check the locking mechanism on a live terminal to the fuse box. If it falls out then you end up with the failure of electrical components.

If it's tight you leave it, if it's loose then you push it back in and make sure it's locked in correctly...

Edited by James@RRGRochdale
  • Like 2

Cheers.

?

Is this one being treated as not 'Safety Critical' then>

I will start calling them a 'need to know basis quality adjustment'

because it is about time that Skoda UK / CZ started showing on websites the list of Quality Adjustments & Service Campaign Field Actions vehicles they produce require on a Skoda Website that can be easily viewed.

• Like 1

I suspect that whoever or what ever was supposed to check the tightness of these clamps had a bad day and left them loose.

It's prevention rather than cure but I have to agree that some of these issues could surely be avoided completely.

At least they're only small niggles at times, Seat used to have much more drastic issues caused by poor workmanship at the factory.

• Like 1

This recall serves to check the locking mechanism on a live terminal to the fuse box. If it falls out then you end up with the failure of electrical components.

If it's tight you leave it, if it's loose then you push it back in and make sure it's locked in correctly...

Are you able to elaborate on this so we can check ourselves? Mine won't need a trip to a dealer until mid 2017 (fingers crossed).

Car booked in for next Friday - it is indeed a fuse box terminal issue & should take around 15-20 minutes - not a safety critical issue apparently, unless of course the car goes up in flames on Monday morning.

Sounds like a bug in the QA process, silly little niggles like this always seem to occur on new models unfortunately.

Our 5E vRS is an early Sept. 2013 car which suffered some early bugs like sticky headlight washers, duff driver's door control module and iffy rear door seals.

Shouldn't happen but always seems to crop up.