Carista App.

Aaargh I give up! Just got the dongle that mole linked to earlier in the thread and that doesnt work either. Like the others it will look for fault codes but comes up with an error if you try to customize. I cant keep buying different ones hoping they work, so I either give up or just buy the official carista one.

You'll need the BETA version they have out. I had the same problem with my 2016 Ibiza. Send them a message and ask them to enroll on their bet a program. The new release should be out soon anyway.

I seem to remember when I tried it on my wife's new Polo, it came up with things like "door open" or something like that, by now I've got around these issues by maning up and using VCDS to make changes - like before Carista was bought! I'm still wondering if these updates to cover later models will get pushed on to current users by the app store etc, will we need to go looking for it?

Edit:- or does Carista bother about its customers once the money has been handed over?

Edited by rum4mo

You'll need the BETA version they have out. I had the same problem with my 2016 Ibiza. Send them a message and ask them to enroll on their bet a program. The new release should be out soon anyway.

Nope, I got the BETA version and it still does exactly the same. Never mind.

Me again! So I splashed out and bought the official Carista dongle and it works fine. However to upgrade to the paid version of the app seems to cost a lot more than the £16 people keep saying. When I try to upgrade it says it will cost £5.90 for a weeks access to just customizations or £33 pounds for a years access to both customizations and diagnostics. Has it just had a price hike recently?! I was under the impression it was just going to cost £16 for unlimited full access.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, 

I got a wifi dongle off of amazon and it arrives tomorrow, so hopefully I can disable the annoying 1 press for driver and 2 press for the remaining doors... plus a few other fun stuff like staging because why not! 

was going to cost slightly more to get a garage to do it for me using VCDS so I decided to get the app and dongle and do it myself :) 

That is one option that I never changed on my wife's previous car (2003MY Polo), as she was the main user.  Her current car (2016MY Polo) came with single press all doors unlock, so I have left it like that but I have enabled auto-lock/unlock as a form of personal protection.  Maybe see if that option is suitable for you if it is not already enabled. I used the standard, ie original s/w version of Carista to enable that on our 2010MY Ibiza SC.

Edit:- good luck with the third party OBD2 WiFi dongle !

Edited by rum4mo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there anyone close to me , Kettering, Northants, who has Carista and would alter a couple of things for me? I'd buy the kit but I don't have any android or IOS devices to run it with.

Is there anyone close to me , Kettering, Northants, who has Carista and would alter a couple of things for me? I'd buy the kit but I don't have any android or IOS devices to run it with.

Im in Northampton so not far.... unfortunately my carista access only lasted 7 days because that all i paid for! i have a wifi OBD dongle and an iphone (or android) and don't mind taking the time to do it. What is it your looking at changing?

• Like 1

Im in Northampton so not far.... unfortunately my carista access only lasted 7 days because that all i paid for! i have a wifi OBD dongle and an iphone (or android) and don't mind taking the time to do it. What is it your looking at changing?

Thanks DamoR, but someone has offered who has the pro version up and running.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the earlier recommended dongle from ebay and managed to get into the car today with my iphone. Nice few changes made and happy to spend the £8 doing so! Couldn't figure out how to change the large digital display to MPH, so it's still set to kph!

Bought the earlier recommended dongle from ebay and managed to get into the car today with my iphone. Nice few changes made and happy to spend the £8 doing so! Couldn't figure out how to change the large digital display to MPH, so it's still set to kph!

You need to change the setup to Australian 

yeah i set to Australia as the location and everything went to KMPH including the mpg and overall trip, I then couldn't get stuff set back to miles nor the country reverted without restarting the whole system.

yeah i set to Australia as the location and everything went to KMPH including the mpg and overall trip, I then couldn't get stuff set back to miles nor the country reverted without restarting the whole system.

have a watch of this.. might help 

Hi all noob question,

Looking at the carista app + device on amazon (have some vouchers to spend :p ) I know windows phone is no good.

Will Kindle Fire HD (which has Bluetooth) be ok to connect?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bluetooth-OBD2-Adapter-App/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483015025&sr=8-1&keywords=carista

Hi all noob question,

Looking at the carista app + device on amazon (have some vouchers to spend :p ) I know windows phone is no good.

Will Kindle Fire HD (which has Bluetooth) be ok to connect?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bluetooth-OBD2-Adapter-App/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483015025&sr=8-1&keywords=carista

If you can get apps from androids google play store on it then yes you should be able to. You will just need to download the carista app from google play and then you will be sorted.

• Like 1

If you can get apps from androids google play store on it then yes you should be able to. You will just need to download the carista app from google play and then you will be sorted.

This really blows got the £31.99 ODB 2 Device from Amazon but on Kindle HD store it is just a scaled down scan & clear faults tool, The carista app in Kindle is version 1.1

Also google play does not work on the kindle, so I cant get the newest version 3.3? (to customize doors etc..)

Looks like I need to borrow an I Pad / I phone, and login using my 'I Tunes' account. Run the app from there with the Bluetooth.

On the plus side a free app called OBD doctor connects the Carista to my Windows phone but again just a scan tool.

Edited by Kobayashi

This really blows got the £31.99 ODB 2 Device from Amazon but on Kindle HD store it is just a scaled down scan & clear faults tool, The carista app in Kindle is version 1.1

Also google play does not work on the kindle, so I cant get the newest version 3.3? (to customize doors etc..)

Looks like I need to borrow an I Pad / I phone, and login using my 'I Tunes' account. Run the app from there with the Bluetooth.

On the plus side a free app called OBD doctor connects the Carista to my Windows phone but again just a scan tool.

You can load Google play easily on your Kindle. Recently bought a HD 8" for my son. Takes about 5 minute to side load Google play. Search on XDA forum , really easy. Just land sure the one you load is for your fire os version.

Can also get rid of the adverts and branding quite easily.