wait for a 16 plate?

mrchrispy

Seems the new yeti is almost ready.

Have the option to either collect early Feb or wait till March and get it on a 16 plate.

Waited 8 weeks already so another 4 wont kills me (and the wife gets to drive it most of the time anyway)

Does it really matter that much?

IMHO all that waiting for the latest plate is old hat. Just go get it now. 4 weeks sitting somewhere in a dealers yard....who knows what will happen.

The plates change so rapidly these days, no sooner than you get it another will be along, 6 months flies by.

All depends on whether it bothers you and if you think it will impress or offer you something else. A plate is a plate. Another 4 weeks sat in the dealers yard getting dirty and possibly suffering damage??

Personally I would be driving the thing, that is what you are buying it for.

If it was a complete model change and an extra wait of a few weeks to order, that would be different.

Edited by Defenderben

IMHO all that waiting for the latest plate is old hat. Just go get it now. 4 weeks sitting somewhere in a dealers yard....who knows what will happen.

Well, youd inspect it thoroughly before you accept it, so if its not right, you dont accept or they fix it.

Personally, seems as its so close, id wait for a 16 plate.

Well, youd inspect it thoroughly before you accept it, so if its not right, you dont accept or they fix it.

Personally, seems as its so close, id wait for a 16 plate.

yep and wait another week or two. As stated it aint worth it.

Seems the new yeti is almost ready.

Have the option to either collect early Feb or wait till March and get it on a 16 plate.

Waited 8 weeks already so another 4 wont kills me (and the wife gets to drive it most of the time anyway)

Does it really matter that much?

Depends how long you keep it, after all it is still the same age.

I think it makes a small difference when you come to sell it on. I waited a few extra weeks for mine to get a 14 plate instead of 63 which makes the car sound a year older than it is.