Reversing camera install

So, in reflection I may have missed a trick and actually wanted a revering camera? To late to change order as car is at the dealers.

Anyone got ideas on part numbers if I want to fit it myself and how much hard work it maybe? It's on the Columbus stereo. I've installed car stereos and speaker, dubs and amps in the past but not cameras

• Like 1

Me too. The Superb acccessories brochure has this on about page 26 in the "safety" section. So looks a though it is a possible after market item but I cannot find any details on the interwebthingy for cost or fitting. Hope someone can clarify.

Parking camera
ŠKODA Genuine Accessories
camera with front wiring pack for left-hand
driving (3V0 054 634); camera with front wiring
pack for right-hand driving (3V0 054 634A);
rear wiring pack (3V0 054 634B); rear wiring
pack for Superb Combi (3V0 054 634C)

Me too. The Superb acccessories brochure has this on about page 26 in the "safety" section. So looks a though it is a possible after market item but I cannot find any details on the interwebthingy for cost or fitting. Hope someone can clarify.

Parking camera

ŠKODA Genuine Accessories

camera with front wiring pack for left-hand

driving (3V0 054 634); camera with front wiring

pack for right-hand driving (3V0 054 634A);

rear wiring pack (3V0 054 634B); rear wiring

pack for Superb Combi (3V0 054 634C)

I'd be interested in this too but the camera is €329.00 alone from what I can see, that makes it a no go for me  :'(

I've installed it on my octy 3 last time. Cost me all about 90 EUR. Used parts. If somebody is interested I can share a desceiption and photos. S3 and O3 are the same electronics. No need to remake the hole in the rear lid.

The job itself it is easy, but needs patience and be careful.

Edited by Enriquez

I've installed it on my octy 3 last time. Cost me all about 90 EUR. Used parts. If somebody is interested I can share a desceiption and photos. S3 and O3 are the same electronics. No need to remake the hole in the rear lid.

The job itself it is easy, but needs patience and be careful.

I for one would be interested in a DIY guide for this. Does it need a trip to the dealer to enable it once installed?

Hmm

I did it on my mkII combi. 

here's the link - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/374414-reversing-cameras-high-version-this-time/

the camera that I've seen in the mkIII is the highline one too. no idea if it takes the lowline camera like the RNS510. also, highly likely that the handle in the bootlid is the newer style one, so a straight swap with not cutting.

t.

For Superb 3 there is a trick - You have to use the "highline" camera with grey plug from mkII generation or dedicated camera form mkIII or any china clone with chinch and NTSC format.

The new is that now it is possible to install camera with washer connected to the rear wiper.

The example is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neu-Original-VW-Audi-Seat-Skoda-Ruckfahrkamera-mit-Waschfunktion-5TA827566B-MIB-/281893276891?hash=item41a2260cdb:g:GOgAAOSwJcZWdP3f

In my car I was used Caddy2016 camera - price was c.a. 50 EUR

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.

What's the solution on this reversing camera then?

Do you have to buy the official camera at £300? Or is there a alternative?

I have a ex demo SEL Exec with no camera. I would really like to add this if possible?

I'm sure there's more people after some more information too

Thanks for the reply

So if I bought the first example, would I need a controller or do I just follow TMGs guide and plug it straight into the RNS510/Loom (Am I right in assuming that this is the Columbus System?) then get it coded via VCDS?

Would this then work with the lines moving etc as you drive?

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow.

Installing first one is without any controller. Just plug it directly to the radio unit.

I assume You are mentioned new MIB unit in Superb III.

Lines are not moving.

I installed a reversing camera in my last Superb and it was a complete pig if i'm honest. 

It was the 'highline' camera with the lines that move according to steering input - which worked well. I had horrendous problems coding the controller, which was originally for a Touran IIRC.

Also, I couldn't actually calibrate the camera so I had to be a little cautious with the reversing guidance lines. That involves going to a dealer that has the correct equipment to do the calibration. 

The camera control box went in a small void down the side of the rear load area, the main cable loom ran down the driver's side of the car underneath the plastic door sill guards and round the back of the dash to the Columbus. 

I would imagine the 3V reversing camera will be very similar. Not a job to be taken lightly. Another really awkward part was routing the cable from above the roof lining and through one of the rubber cable guards between the body and tailgate. There was a plug on the end of the cable and it was almost impossible to do it! Tear it and you're in big trouble as water will find its way in and there are already several cables running through it for the wiper motor, boot release and so on. 

Trust me, It's not as easy as it sounds! I would suggest the simpler camera option without the control box, if you can live without the flashy dynamic guidance lines.

Thanks for the feedback.

One of the main reasons for wanting to do it is to aid me when hitching the caravan, so guess the dynamic lines are a nice to have rather than deal breaker

Going to detail and protect the car this weekend so will have a dig around to see if I feel it is a realistic prospect for me, have installed various ICE systems over the years so not too concerned about possibly taking my new car apart!!

When I was shopping around for a demo S3 recently a dealer found a car but it didn't have a reversing camera fitted.

I asked the dealer for a price for a retro fit. They came back with £950.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread. Can anyone recommend a camera they are happy with that is not too much of a PITA to fit? Also mention if vcds is needed?

Thanks!

Sorry to bump this thread. Can anyone recommend a camera they are happy with that is not too much of a PITA to fit? Also mention if vcds is needed?

Thanks!

Personally I would only entertain a genuine one, in which case yes it would need to be coded to the car.