What's it worth?

OctaBen

Evening all

Viewing a car tomorrow and just after opinions as to what it's worth

Mk1 vRS, black, 110k, one owner from new with FSH, 6 months MOT, remap by an unknown garage, heated seats and cruise control....otherwise standard

It's up for £3000 having been reduced from £3200

Any thoughts?

Sorry, it's an 06 plate. Private sale so no warranty. Cambelt last done in 2011 so needs doing

Ask for the price of the cambelt, water pump and labour off perhaps?

If it is spotless then I'd say it is in the upper bracket. If it has dings, scuffs, scratches then I'd say it is over priced.

JRJG

• Like 2

ok maybe £500 too expensive then

or maybe i just sold my Fabia too cheap

or maybe my expectations are off

or maybe price have risen again

but to me £3000 for a 10 year old car with 110,000 miles seems like a lot.

In the end it's your money and only you can decide what represents good value to you

Assume it's this one?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601059821531?sort=default&search-target=usedcars&price-to=3000&make=skoda&postcode=gl34fn&model=fabia&price-from=2500&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&page=3&fuel-type=diesel&radius=1500&keywords=vrs&logcode=p

Edited by PastyBoy

Oh yeah I know, and I appreciate I'm probably putting a little more value on it because it has the options I want, it seems about right for the prices around here, can certainly pay a lot more for less

Yep that's the one

ah yeah if the options are important then yeah it's not a bad car

when you consider it's got £250 of remap on it and if you can negotiate in a reduction due to the impending big service work it might be a decent deal

makes me think i underpriced my totally standard 85,000 miler that i sold for £2500 last year :D

• Like 1

I sold my 2005 vrs with 120k, standard apart cupra splitter an solid bushes. FSH, 11 months MOT, Interior was perfect, couple of dents in the NS doors but replacements are cheap enough. Was in my ownership for almost 7 years and always warmed up and cooled down properly and drove in a way to protect the DMF. Also cambelt was done at 90k.

I sold it for £1500 so imo it is over priced.

when you consider it's got £250 of remap on it

Could be just a cheap £45 generic spikey map that will destroy the clutch/DMF. I would be asking more detail regarding the mapping. If you have the reg plate, I would be doing a check here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=1.52135401.1921560806.1444158436 which may give some idea of the maintenance regime between MOT's - lots of fail points mean skimping on maintenance.

Well I bought it. £2500. Drives like a new car, spotless inside and very few exterior marks for a 10 year old car.

Glad I found one with heated seats, they are awesome. Will have the cambelt done in next few weeks and then it's all good

It's my 26th car in 15 years and my 4th black Fabia vRS so I've got a bet with a mate that I can keep it 5 years

Email already sent to Seat Surgeons to enquire about some prices

• Like 4

Looking at around £1000-1400 for a full front and back retrim depending on what style/leather you want.

Thanks, that's sort of what I was expecting. Won't be done for a little while but it's in the planning for this year

Looking at around £1000-1400 for a full front and back retrim depending on what style/leather you want.

Bloody hell was 800 last time I got a quote to do this granted a few years back now.

Bloody hell was 800 last time I got a quote to do this granted a few years back now.

Yes, the good old days when they'd discount for cash....

Not any more sadly.