Heated Windscreen

I have a heated Windscreen and it is set to come on automatically in the a/c menu. How cold does it have to be to come on automatically. I have had a few instances this week where there has been frost on the car but it didn't come on. The temp was 0. Does it have to be below zero?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think it comes on automatically only if the humidity inside is high enough and the temperature outside is cold enough for it to start misting up. There is only automatic demisting but no automatic defrosting.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The manual (Page 75/76) says when active it comes on when the car is started and stays on for 10 mins. It then comes on/off depending on what the Climatronic systems thinks.

I have to say it was one of the things that im most pleased with on my car, 4am starts this week & nothing worse than seeing a sheet of ice/frost on your windscreen but Press the Heated Window button & the ice has turned to water in about 60 seconds! Heaven!

But you stil have to clear the side windows which is a bit annoying!

Agreed, but the front and rear screen are the hardest to reach.

My process:

Start car

Turn on heated front and rear screens, not forgetting the most important bit... heated seat (unless you have had it coded to come on automatically  :thumbup: )

Clear side windows

By this time the front and rear windows should be ice free and you can just get in and drive off.  :sun:

Turn on heated front and rear screens, not forgetting the most important bit... heated seat (unless you have had it coded to come on automatically :thumbup: )

What are the parameters for the heated seats to come on, or do they come on regardless of temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are coded for the drivers seat to remember the last setting, so if they were off when you turned the ignition off they will be off when you get back in.

Because I have back problems mine is mainly kept on No.2, so it remembers that setting.

For the passenger seat I have set it to remember the previous setting for 10 mins, so if you nip into the shop etc then it will come on automatically, but will turn off if the ignition has been off for over 10 mins.

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Has anyone had issues with their heated windscreen turning on automatically? I have this turned on but doesn't seem to work. When driving in sub zero temperature I manually have to turn it on to stop my windscreen from fogging up.