shark map booked. anyone else got one

Best money I've ever spent on a car. Done 60k miles with it mapped and no trouble at all. As previously stated - it transforms the car......

Got my Cr170 remapped by Shark yesterday and so far pretty satisfied with the results.

Not a huge power hike if any, over my previous tuning box (but that already gave my car a dyno proven 204bhp and I wasn't really expecting any more, as this is around the sensible limit for stage 1 tune) but the way its delivered proved a noticeably smoother and more linear experience. Much more drivable, particularly in the lower gears.

Kudos to the staff who seem to that bit further than a few places I could mention for their customer service.

Bumped into Brimma there too, having some work done on his Fabia.

Only a few days left to take advantage of their 25% off promotion, so move fast!

• Like 1

Anyone from Brum? Is shark the best place to get a remap in the Midlands? Cheers

To be honest, Shark is the best place to get one, even if you lived on Mars. ;)

Sts box is great idea. I can vouch for great maps on a tfsi and 1.9 pd 105. Both have been really good and both have improved both cars in their respective ways immensely!

Does it have an effect on the fuel consumption on the 1.9 PD 105? 

I don't know whether it is too soon to get it done as I have only had the car 1 week now. 

I've emailed Brotek who seem to be my local Shark mapper and got a reply....

I'm very tempted to go for it for my VRS.

Mark is a top bloke he knows his stuff. He remapped my previous car ( 170 vrs pd ) and it was transformed. Great service and banter too!! Go for it....

get yourself Freedom membership on here -- it will give you a discount if nothing else on at Shark. Worth it for the sake of £12.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/store/product/81-site-supporter-freedom/

Mike

Cheers but I think I've negotiated myself a discount anyway. Will save the freedom membership for another day :)

Mines booked in with Shark for Feb,

I have been in contact with them for the last few weeks, asking different questions and (Carl) the person i have been dealing with has been really helpful.

Both myself and my Brother have MK2 Vrs, (mines petrol estate, his doozy hatch) and they were keen to get both in at same time to video them,

Sadly my brothers is in warranty, and i cant wait so im going it alone.

Having the 25% off this month was the deal breaker for me, so i went out and spent on getting the new exhaust, downpipe, and sports cat in place, and now also the induction sorted. So i can now jump straight to a stage 2 map.

What is good is the fact that i warned Shark that my car might not have all the bolt ons done by the end of Jan, and feared i would miss the deal...............they said no problem, they rang me and took a £50 deposit, and secured the deal price for me, and im free to go down whenever now.

Also just orderd some lowering springs, and had new boots all round so its been quite an exspenisve month haha.

Next up is get a boot spoiler, it just looks wrong witout on in my opinion, upgrade the brakes, and have the alloys refinished (they are shot)

Oh yeah so last Monday I went over to see Mark at Brotek.

He plugged me in, scanned the car and read the ECU. Sent the file off to Shark HQ, gave me coffee and cake while we waited for the mapped file to come back. Loaded it onto the car. Checked everything worked OK, and I drove home.

Tbh the drive home wasn't as exciting as it should have been, traffic and hailstones meant it didn't really get a proper run.

But it has been well and truly tested now and it's a definite improvement :) 1st & 2nd don't really feel much different but get into 3rd upwards and it pulls much better. Like others have said, nice and smooth and it seems to have got rid of my stutter around 1750revs.

I have had some issues with the DPF doing a lot of active regens. I had filled up with standard fuel (I usually use super of some kind) and it did the same last year too, so I don't think it's due to the map, just coincidence. Back on BP Ultimate and it's stopped playing up. (Whether the fuel actually makes a difference I don't know).

One thing I have noticed, which I keep forgetting to ask about, is that the fuel consumption computer seems much more lively, as in it fluctuates a lot more than it used to. Not sure if shark tweak something?

Glad your happy with it Mark is a great bloke however i never got tea and cake I'll be mentioning that when i see him next!! However, the performance increase is very deceptive especially on the diesels because they don't rev as high. I only realised how much of a difference the map made because i did some timed accelerations of various speeds pre and post map.I was shocked!

Edited by meaty101
  • Like 1

One thing I have noticed, which I keep forgetting to ask about, is that the fuel consumption computer seems much more lively, as in it fluctuates a lot more than it used to. Not sure if shark tweak something?

You'll probably find the MPG calculation settles down after a couple of days. It will be in a re-learn phase, following ECU adjustment.

Glad your happy with it Mark is a great bloke however i never got tea and cake I'll be mentioning that when i see him next!! However, the performance increase is very deceptive especially on the diesels because they don't rev as high. I only realised how much of a difference the map made because i did some timed accelerations of various speeds pre and post map.I was shocked!

Yeah you're right. It doesn't feel *that* quick but I find when I look down I'm going than I thought :)

Now I've driven it in the dry 1st and 2nd are noticeably better but it runs out of grip quite easily.