Remapping my newly aqquired 2011 Superb 140 CR 4X4

Hi, 1st post on the forum.....thinking of a stage 1 remap for the Superb, does anyone have views on JF Automotive of Maidstone .  Seem to be the closest to me on the South coast. Thx.

• Like 1

id wait & check 1st to see if you car is effected by the emissions scandal with vag group cars before doing any mods, if it is effected let the dealers do the required free re call & then think about modding & remaps.

• Like 2

The recall on a CR140 will be a map change (de-tune).  Like others have said your choices are to get the recall carried out prior to a remap, or never bother with the recall and get your remap now.  The VW recal is not mandatory, nor classed as a "safety issue" and so will not be flagged at an MOT time.  You will purely need to pass MOT emissions, which with a good map will not be an issue.

Edited by ickleginge

Remap options depend on the engine you have as well as the model year. My CR170 engine needed to have the ECU removed, opened and probed to change the map. Depending on who's doing it, with the correct ECU modifications, the engine can then be remapped through the OBD port. The PD engines can mostly be remapped through the OBD port with no mechanical intervention at all.

I had my 140 4x4 man done and it transformed the performance , it was quite sluggish so the auto most be even worse

The auto in this case is a DSG. No torque converter as it uses dual clutches (One for the odd numbered gears, one for the even numbered ones) giving it faster gear changes than are possible on a manual box with no slip while in gear, just like a manual. The only thing that can make DSG's slower than their manual equivalents is that they're slightly heavier.

Hi, 1st post on the forum.....thinking of a stage 1 remap for the Superb, does anyone have views on JF Automotive of Maidstone .  Seem to be the closest to me on the South coast. Thx.

Who’s maps do they use? Steer clear of Quantum Tuning remaps they are not smooth at all! (took one off my previous Superb!)

Personally I would go to W8 Performance and get a Shark map put on it (currently they have a 25% off sale on... January only!) IF the car’s ECU is re flashed by Škoda then W8 will reinstall the map FOC.

• Like 1