Help . . . Amundsen Satnav Update

Hi , I have a 2015 (March) Octy vRS with factory fit Amundsen satnav, i have put the VIN number into the Skoda portal site & it says there is a update (Nov 2015) i have removed the SD card and done everything as stated on the website but no joy ? any help or ideas greatly appreciated 

Can you be a bit clearer as to what has gone wrong and what "no joy" means?  Any ideas at what point the process is going wrong for you?

The process is normally pretty robust.  The main gotcha is for those using Apple machines.  These tend to leave additional files on the SD card which can cause issues such as missing road names / details on the map.

As said above, the usual issues are

• using a Mac that puts loads of spurious crap on the SD card
  • a corrupted download (seems to be quite rare)
  • not fomatting the card first (or deleting everything off of it) and just overwriting files (take a file level backup first)
  • not disabling write protect on the card with the little switch at the side (but that should be fairly obvious as you won't be able to copy anything to it)

Did you use the Skoda downloader or did you download and extract manually?

Hi all thanks for the replies, sorry for the brief description, this is what i did . . . i went to http//updateportal.skoda-auto.com  entered my vin , downloaded the updated file then attempted to copy it to the SD card but it wont copy to the card , i noticed you said to back up the card first then delete everything before copying it , so will give this a try. 

Ayone who has the new version , whats the difference in the updates ? is it just an update of maps ? sorry for been a thicko  :notme: 

Hi all thanks for the replies, sorry for the brief description, this is what i did . . . i went to http//updateportal.skoda-auto.com  entered my vin , downloaded the updated file then attempted to copy it to the SD card but it wont copy to the card , i noticed you said to back up the card first then delete everything before copying it , so will give this a try. 

Ayone who has the new version , whats the difference in the updates ? is it just an update of maps ? sorry for been a thicko  :notme: 

Just a map update

It's a 6Gb + download.You need to back up the existing files, delete on the SD card, download to another location on your device and  once complete unzip to the SD card. Once completed just load into your SD1 slot, start the car and it will find the new maps.