Which fallout remover?

TerryVRS

I'm looking at purchasing a fallout remover, I've seen heard good things about the Merlins blood and Valet pro Dragons breath.

Has anybody used these products or have any other suggestions?

Valet pro dragons breath is a good product but almost gel like and far to thick for me.

My favourites are Carpro Iron-X & Krystal Kleen Details Ferrum.

I'm using Autobrite Purple Rain at the moment as I got 5l in the Christmas sale & very impressed by that also.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went for the Wolfs Chemicals product that polished bliss sell, the reasons for me being the free delivery from pb and the note in the blurb that the product could be allowed to dry on the paint without damage (I was due to be detailling in the middle of summer).  As it happended I didnt have a problem rinsing it off before it dried.

It seemed to work ok, but I wasnt expecting a lot of fallout to show itself as it had been done not too long before.

Alternatively, and I havent used it personally, but korrosol (spelling?) is supposed to smell less whiffy then some of the others if you are particularly sensitve to a hum.

Edit: - I've not used Iron X, but given how bad some of these fallout products smell it might be like putting listick on a pig :).

• Like 2

I'm just coming to the end of 5L worth of CarPro Iron-X, which is a very effective fallout remover indeed;

But most definitely the worst smelling product ever.... So nice that Terry managed the Cherry scent option.

As per Karl's post above - we got 5L's of Purple Rain in the AD Xmas sale - should last a good while.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

You say you got the cherry scent, I had the lemon scent one. Don't be fooled. It still stinks. Ask my missus, I tricked her into smelling it saying it was lovely. I nearly died. Be warned haha!

• Like 2

You say you got the cherry scent, I had the lemon scent one. Don't be fooled. It still stinks. Ask my missus, I tricked her into smelling it saying it was lovely. I nearly died. Be warned haha!

This ^^

They say it smells like cherry - they lie! 

• Like 2

Bilt Hamber every time.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Me too, Bilt Hamber Korrosol is very good, it has a good fine spray head meaning the product spreads over a good area & it's more economical than Iron-X & works just as good IMO.

• Like 1

I'm new to this type of product but have to say I like Dragons Breath.

As mentioned it's quite clingy making it really good for wheels it worked wonders for me.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Do I still need a wheel cleaner AND fallout remover?  Never purchased a fallout remover, but I have the odd iron spot on my paint.  I'm out of wheel cleaner and was about to buy 1L of bilberry, but if fallout remover will suffice for wheel cleaner I'll get that instead.

Hi as an example you can use Bilt Hamber Korrosol (Fallout Remover) to clean you wheels in place of Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel (Wheel Cleaner) the difference would be that the wheel cleaner is I guess more concentrated as it works quicker, the fallout remover is formulated to be safe to use over the complete car and not just wheels if that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Prykey said:

Hi as an example you can use Bilt Hamber Korrosol (Fallout Remover) to clean you wheels in place of Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel (Wheel Cleaner) the difference would be that the wheel cleaner is I guess more concentrated as it works quicker, the fallout remover is formulated to be safe to use over the complete car and not just wheels if that makes sense.

My wheels are painted anyway, so stronger (and acid based in particular) wheel cleaners may actually be too strong.  Sounds like fallout remover will work well for both.  I'll ditch the billberry off the order, and replace it with fallout remover.  

Will fallout remover tackle tar spots too?  I think I still have some AG bug and tar remover left so I should be good either way.

9 hours ago, planehazza said:

My wheels are painted anyway, so stronger (and acid based in particular) wheel cleaners may actually be too strong.  Sounds like fallout remover will work well for both.  I'll ditch the billberry off the order, and replace it with fallout remover.  

Will fallout remover tackle tar spots too?  I think I still have some AG bug and tar remover left so I should be good either way.

Fallout remover basically removes ferrous (Iron) particles, it normally turns a purple colour as it does its job.

I would think that your would still need to use Tar Remover on tar spots.

On 17/03/2017 at 20:50, Prykey said:

Fallout remover basically removes ferrous (Iron) particles, it normally turns a purple colour as it does its job.

I would think that your would still need to use Tar Remover on tar spots.

Great thanks. One thing that confuses me with tar remover: how do folk apply it? Do you transfer the contents neat to a spray bottle, or are you meant to dilute it? I typically use AG bug and tar remover/intensive tar remover, whatever it's called.

4 hours ago, planehazza said:

Great thanks. One thing that confuses me with tar remover: how do folk apply it? Do you transfer the contents neat to a spray bottle, or are you meant to dilute it? I typically use AG bug and tar remover/intensive tar remover, whatever it's called.

Take a look here: -

https://www.autoglym.com/intensive-tar-remover

The Autoglym is ready to use straight from the bottle :)

I just bought my first ever bottle of iron remover, I used AM Details own brand as they are local to me. As it was the first time using it, I was pretty impressed but can't compare it to other brands.