I have an idea....quite fancy mood lighting in my vrs.

A mate of mine has recently had a new mondeo as a company car. When he picked me up I noticed that in the cabin he has a soft blue light around the dash and in the footwells. I thought that's a nice touch, wonder if I could do that in my car, so where else better to ask but at the font of knowledge.

Footwell lighting can certainly be done.

On the FL it's easy, the lights are at full brightness when the doors are open and then dimmed when the headlights are on. Power connects to pin B50 of the BCM and it'll need coding using VCDS. If you have maxidot then you can also adjust the brightness to your desired level, 30% works well for me. You will need to cut holes for the front lights but the rears should fit into a slot under the seats.

On the pre-FL, I think you can get footwell lighting when the doors are open but don't get dimmed footwell lights with headlights. I'm sure someone with a pre-FL will correct me if I'm wrong. Not too sure of the installation or which modules support it either on the pre-FL.

u can retrofit footwell lights, front & rear, that stay on dimmed to 10-60% say.

some have put green lighting, others red.....the choices r endless.

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

• Like 1

I retrofitted the 'Catvision' ambient lighting from a W8 Passat on my 2007 L&K. It's basically the same interior light fitting but has 2 red LEDs that shine down onto the center console. The buttons are also backlit red which is a nice touch.

I had to run an extra cable down to the light switch and splice into the existing wiring to enable the LEDs to light up at night. I also had to mod the unit a little bit to make it fit properly. It's still a reasonably easy mod, and doesn't need any coding! Imagine that!

I did it back in 2007/2008 mind.......

1377_x800.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...