Rattle sound from dashboard :(

Or6699

I'm starting to notice more creaks now that it's cold as duffer says. Usually quietens down once the dash warms up. I do however have one that stays but I've figured it out. If you have manual a/c, there seems to be a rattle if the heaters are set to windscreen only position. If set slightly either side of 12o clock position, all is good.

• 11 months later...

Have the very same issue on Fabia MKIII SEL 1.0L Estate DSG. It is only a few months old and covered 1800 miles. There is an intermittent rattle from glovebox area that failed to manifest itself while car was being checked at dealer. Drives me mad as you loose concentration while you try and figure out cause. Have a sinking feeling this is going to develop into a long drawn out saga. Have already posted my feelings about this on Skoda Facebook page. Anybody who has similar issue and solution please contact me.

FB_IMG_1508656675889.jpg

I put sticky backed felt around the inside edge of my glovebox and it calmed it somewhat.

If I press hard on the top right hand side of the glovebox it goes,only to return on release.

The rattle appears somehow connected with the aircon when it's warm or hot outside,although this may be a separate issue.

It is disappointing.

My friend just bought a brand new Audi A7 and he has a rattle from the dashboard too. Maybe it's a VAG money saving thing by using inferior materials and less clips etc.?

Edited by RickW

On 22/10/2017 at 16:16, RickW said:

I put sticky backed felt around the inside edge of my glovebox and it calmed it somewhat.

If I press hard on the top right hand side of the glovebox it goes,only to return on release.

The rattle appears somehow connected with the aircon when it's warm or hot outside,although this may be a separate issue.

It is disappointing.

My friend just bought a brand new Audi A7 and he has a rattle from the dashboard too. Maybe it's a VAG money saving thing by using inferior materials and less clips etc.?

No Rick, it's just that it's surprisingly difficult to build a quiet car that stays that way. I've had so many new cars over the last 47 years, low end, really high end (Mercs, BMW's, and cars inbetween), and they all creaked, rattled and banged in various forms after a few months. My current 2017 Fab MK3 is very quiet and better than most that I've had. Time wiii tell however. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1