SIII order confusion

Afternoon all, I hope everyone is well and I thank you all for the great threads and info.

I placed an order with Lookers in Salford on 11th Jan for magnetic Brown SE Business DSG 2.0 Diesel. Very excited.

Each week on Friday I email to ask if a build week has been assigned. Each time (3 ) I have been told no and sent a screenshot which shows status P (order not accepted).

Today I realised that the required date is populated and set at 1st June 2016. This is not something I have mentioned, I want the car ASAP. I am very well aware of significant lead times and assumed the order would involve a significant wait.

When I asked today if others normal for an order not to be accepted after almost 3 weeks I received a response which essentially stated that the required date was entered due to the reported lead time from factory. I then learnt from Skoda CS that the order is not accepted due to the very required date having been entered. Basically it will be accepted closer to the time as not needed until June. My required date has now been changed and dealer and CS are going to up date me next week.

So, I just want anyone with a new order to be aware of this as it feels like I have spent an additional 3 weeks waiting even before the process begins.

That's really interesting, thanks for pointing that out. Was it the dealer that stated the required date or Skoda themselves? I only placed my order this Tuesday so I'm not expecting an update yet, but when I do get an update that's something I'm definitely going to check!

• Like 1

Some dealers are better than others.... When I ordered mine the Salesman let me press the order button the screen :-) 15 minutes later I had my estimated build date ... Which actually came forward 2 weeks.

• Like 1

That's really interesting, thanks for pointing that out. Was it the dealer that stated the required date or Skoda themselves? I only placed my order this Tuesday so I'm not expecting an update yet, but when I do get an update that's something I'm definitely going to check!

Then dealer entered the required date as they thought it was in line with the factory lead times where in fact they should enter the actual customer required date. Obviously if they state 1/Mar the date can not be met but I've been told the order would then be accepted and allocated then earliest build date available for that car/spec etc.

• Like 1

The required date is mostly for company lease cars i guess so they are able to submit orders when cars are due to end lease so theres no gaps.

A private customer should be keyed as ASAP then given the first available slot.

Hypothetically speaking, could a dealership hold off from actually placing the order until....say....the start of the next sales quarter due to already hitting their sales figures for the current quarter? 

Afternoon all, I hope everyone is well and I thank you all for the great threads and info.

I placed an order with Lookers in Salford on 11th Jan for magnetic Brown SE Business DSG 2.0 Diesel. Very excited.

Each week on Friday I email to ask if a build week has been assigned. Each time (3 ) I have been told no and sent a screenshot which shows status P (order not accepted).

Today I realised that the required date is populated and set at 1st June 2016. This is not something I have mentioned, I want the car ASAP. I am very well aware of significant lead times and assumed the order would involve a significant wait.

When I asked today if others normal for an order not to be accepted after almost 3 weeks I received a response which essentially stated that the required date was entered due to the reported lead time from factory. I then learnt from Skoda CS that the order is not accepted due to the very required date having been entered. Basically it will be accepted closer to the time as not needed until June. My required date has now been changed and dealer and CS are going to up date me next week.

So, I just want anyone with a new order to be aware of this as it feels like I have spent an additional 3 weeks waiting even before the process begins.

Exactly what happened to me... Skoda UK telling me "your required date is 13/12/15 so the factory will aim for that, not sooner" when I had asked my lease company for asap delivery. Both lease company and dealership went in to denial and were adamant Skoda UK were wrong. My car was delivered 23/12/15 ! (5 months from order, rather than the 3 months I was quoted)

Now lead times are 10 months ...

So, don't cry for your 6.

10 is crazy.  I'll have to consider options if they change the lead time to this. 

Edited by SKHool

I ordered se Business estate last Saturday, and was told by dealer delivery will be mid-March

Sounds optimistic.

I ordered in November and my car was only built last week for mid-march delivery...

Let's hope not! I've also said that I will take pretty much any colour (not that bothered!), so they have said that if any same spec come up I'll be offered one of them....will have to see how that one works out lol!

Edited by JimK8

I ordered se Business estate last Saturday, and was told by dealer delivery will be mid-March

I ordered at the start of Nov and my car is not due into the dealer till 28th March.

SE Business too...

I was told by my dealer the other day that typically 20-weeks is now being quoted by the factory, it could be less if your dealer has unallocated build slots though.

It comes down to the SLI Order Form that the dealership receives from Škoda UK once an order is placed.

It should list the base specification (model, engine, colour), optional extras, when it is required, how urgently it is required (this tends to be ignored unless it's a special order), and where it is to be delivered (usually a storage depot used by the dealer).

You can ask your dealer to see the SLI form (mine gave me a photocopy).

If buying direct from a dealership, I would suggest you insist on seeing it to ensure everything in the order is as you requested, as what is on the form is what is built at the factory (and, as per the OP, determines when it is built).

As for Lookers, my personal experience has been great after-sales service, but poor communication and ineffective/uninterested sales staff who give the impression they lack knowledge of the product, which is why I consequently took my custom elsewhere.

• Like 1

Hi I had exactly same issue and had to raise case with Skoda UK as I could not get order number. Others on this forum get an order number at point of order so insist on it or walk or buy online. Ordered mine in July and got it December. If I was ordering again in retailer (will buy online next time) I would go to whoever gave me an order at the point of sale or walk. My view is that the retailers are smoothing registrations for own benefit and not the customers needs. Also ask for status report each week as Skoda say its retailers task to do this. Hope this helps....

It comes down to the SLI Order Form that the dealership receives from Škoda UK once an order is placed.

It should list the base specification (model, engine, colour), optional extras, when it is required, how urgently it is required (this tends to be ignored unless it's a special order), and where it is to be delivered (usually a storage depot used by the dealer).

You can ask your dealer to see the SLI form (mine gave me a photocopy).

If buying direct from a dealership, I would suggest you insist on seeing it to ensure everything in the order is as you requested, as what is on the form is what is built at the factory (and, as per the OP, determines when it is built).

As for Lookers, my personal experience has been great after-sales service, but poor communication and ineffective/uninterested sales staff who give the impression they lack knowledge of the product, which is why I consequently took my custom elsewhere.

Wholeheartedly agree....