'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Ootohere

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• the UK should REMAIN in the EU
    • the UK should LEAVE the EU

There is a Poll with this thread.

A Poll that asks people if they have been asked by Pollsters by Phone, Internet or on the street or at their door would be interesting for some.

Lots of these 'Internet Polls' are of people signed up for 'Internet Polls'.

Not all that give opinions have a vote or will use it come the 23rd June.

It is a bit like 'Which Surveys', the results are from the opinions of people that do 'Which Surveys'..

The real Poll is the Referendum. Those that vote are the only ones that will get their opinion to count.

Health minister & Leave supporter rubbishes leave campaign NHS claims & refuses to hand out their leaflets

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eurosceptic-tory-mp-dr-sarah-wollaston-refuses-to-hand-out-misleading-vote-leave-nhs-leaflets-a7043166.html

350 million

350 million

350 million

350 million

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And repeat...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What I don't like about being in the Eu is that the European Parliament is unacountable for all the money it has been given for the last 40 years,Banks loosing billions,AND taxpayers bailing them out

students getting a university education and leaving without paying,being unable to deport criminals,murders,rapist etc because of their human rights,a NHS that the government can't fund and if it's so great in the EU why do so many migrants travel through it to the UK

post-98663-0-57154400-1464035200_thumb.png

I'm stuck I have no idea which way to vote. Both sides are torie both sides are spouting garbage.

So a vote in is a nod to Cameron

And a vote out is a tip of the hat to Boris.

I can't do either.

What I don't like about being in the Eu is that the European Parliament is unacountable for all the money it has been given for the last 40 years,Banks loosing billions,AND taxpayers bailing them out

students getting a university education and leaving without paying,being unable to deport criminals,murders,rapist etc because of their human rights,a NHS that the government can't fund and if it's so great in the EU why do so many migrants travel through it to the UK

You do realise that if we leave the EU it will make no difference at all with human rights. The court we set up is not connected to the EU.

And in terms of EU migrants we get about half what Germany does.

Now let's work through that list!

Banks loosing billions,AND taxpayers bailing them out

What has that got to do with the EU? Didn't the problem start in the USA?

students getting a university education and leaving without paying

Nothing to do with the EU,

being unable to deport criminals,murders,rapist etc because of their human rights,

Yes we can, and do. What do you think the European Arrest Warrant is? And the European Court of Human Rights is nothing to do with the EU

a NHS that the government can't fund

Yes we can and we do.

and if it's so great in the EU why do so many migrants travel through it to the UK

Check your facts and check how many stay in the other EU countries.

Edited by Llanigraham
  • Like 1

You do realise that if we leave the EU it will make no difference at all with human rights. The court we set up is not connected to the EU.

It's under the European chapter of a UN agreement. We need to break our un obligations to get out of the court we set up.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's under the European chapter of a UN agreement. We need to break our un obligations to get out of the court we set up.

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Cost of Europe PARLIMENT £1.332 billion per year, cost of each euro mp £1,79 million

But that's not the cost per MEP. If only 751 people were employed by all of the EU bodies and agencies it would be...

By the same calculations UKIP costs £49.26 million every year doing nothing.

MEPs sitting in the European Parliament cost three times as much as Westminster MPs at a price tag of £1.79 million each a year, new figures show. Lord Sassoon, the Commercial Secretary to the Treasury, revealed the cost of an MEP is £1.79 million compared with £590,000 per MP.10 Jan 2013

• Like 1

But that's OK, they're not meant to do anything remember.

Yes, because by not taking part the rest of the EU will have to stop, consider this "protest" and do everything differently as a result.

• Like 1

MEPs sitting in the European Parliament cost three times as much as Westminster MPs at a price tag of £1.79 million each a year, new figures show. Lord Sassoon, the Commercial Secretary to the Treasury, revealed the cost of an MEP is £1.79 million compared with £590,000 per MP.10 Jan 2013

And?

A Welsh assembly member costs about the same as an MP and has less power, so we should get rid of them?

An MSP costs more than an MP to do less, even more obvious reason to get rid.

Also there are 15% more MEPs than MPs, but the population of the EU is 11 times that of the UK, so that basis the cost per head of population for an MP is roughly ten times that of an MEP.

Edited by trundlenut
  • Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/05/21/david-camerons-disgraceful-dishonesty-over-the-eu-is-turning-bri/?ref=yfp

One of the Tory party’s more distinguished parliamentarians told me last week, in deadly seriousness rather than satire, that he thought we lived in a banana republic. He believed there was some truth in a story, going around Westminster, that the Prime Minister would create 25 peerages for those “supportive” in the referendum campaign. Certainly some of the recent ennoblements have seemed like barrel scrapings, pitching into the Upper House for reasons of tokenism people who, a generation ago, would have been lucky to get a job cleaning the place.

People say they want “facts” before deciding how to vote next month, so here’s one to mull over. The EU is a profoundly anti-democratic institution. The European Commission, whom no-one elects, initiates policy in the EU. The European parliament, or indeed you or I, can ask it to do certain things: it can tell the parliament, or you and me, to get lost, and that’s that. Charles I tried something similar, and it started a civil war.

We never expected this referendum to be played according to the Laws of Cricket, or indeed to the Queensberry Rules: like most arrogant school bullies, the likes of Messrs Cameron and Osborne will cheat in whatever way is necessary in order to win. So, for example, they enlist other members of the cosy international club whom they meet at Davos every year, or at the Bilderberg meetings, to express solidarity and urge our continued membership of that other cosy, anti-democratic and corrupt club, the European Union. We expected the bombardment of propaganda, and there will be more, both from here and from Europe. But what we should not have to put up with, and what sullies the reputation of this country and the self-respect of its people, is for a question crucial to the liberty and democracy of the United Kingdom to be influenced by third-world abuses of patronage.

• Like 2

And?

A Welsh assembly member costs about the same as an MP and has less power, so we should get rid of them?

An MSP costs more than an MP to do less, even more obvious reason to get rid.

Actually MSP responsibility is arguably greater, not really sure what Scottish MPs do now that they no longer control health, education, transport, income tax, environmental matters etc

Just saying

Also there are 15% more MEPs than MPs, but the population of the EU is 11 times that of the UK, so that basis the cost per head of population for an MP is roughly ten times that of an MEP.

Whoops, made a rather obvious error there. A UK MP costs more than three times that of an MEP not 10.

Edited by trundlenut

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/05/21/david-camerons-disgraceful-dishonesty-over-the-eu-is-turning-bri/?ref=yfp

One of the Tory party’s more distinguished parliamentarians told me last week, in deadly seriousness rather than satire, that he thought we lived in a banana republic. He believed there was some truth in a story, going around Westminster, that the Prime Minister would create 25 peerages for those “supportive” in the referendum campaign. Certainly some of the recent ennoblements have seemed like barrel scrapings, pitching into the Upper House for reasons of tokenism people who, a generation ago, would have been lucky to get a job cleaning the place.

People say they want “facts” before deciding how to vote next month, so here’s one to mull over. The EU is a profoundly anti-democratic institution. The European Commission, whom no-one elects, initiates policy in the EU. The European parliament, or indeed you or I, can ask it to do certain things: it can tell the parliament, or you and me, to get lost, and that’s that. Charles I tried something similar, and it started a civil war.

We never expected this referendum to be played according to the Laws of Cricket, or indeed to the Queensberry Rules: like most arrogant school bullies, the likes of Messrs Cameron and Osborne will cheat in whatever way is necessary in order to win. So, for example, they enlist other members of the cosy international club whom they meet at Davos every year, or at the Bilderberg meetings, to express solidarity and urge our continued membership of that other cosy, anti-democratic and corrupt club, the European Union. We expected the bombardment of propaganda, and there will be more, both from here and from Europe. But what we should not have to put up with, and what sullies the reputation of this country and the self-respect of its people, is for a question crucial to the liberty and democracy of the United Kingdom to be influenced by third-world abuses of patronage.

How fantastically disingenuous.

Facts?

£350 million?

• Like 1