Return of the 'Wait for it, Wait for it' thread

Lady Elanore

Well I've been back at work for a week, trying to get more motivated :D

Our hols didn't exactly go to plan, it rained, a lot, which we mostly skirted around, but the day we set off South from the top of the South Island, every road was closed. There are three roads South and two East/West and they were all closed due to floods, land slips, fallen trees, and the kaikoura earthquakes. I don't thinkthe father-in-law believed me when I told him there wasn't another route. :)

We ended up cancelling one motel, and adding about 400km to the trip to get back on track, then re-booking the rest of the accommodation as we went. It all worked out well though in the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NikEd said:

the problem comes when you don't even make sense to yourself.... if that makes sense

Yeah that's a concern.

I was underneath my project car, muttering to myself the other day when the electrician who had been working on our house wandered in. Must have thought I was a bit daft.

:D

• 1 month later...

Ooo..

This is quiet. Brisky is sleeping well at the moment!

I am not. I am on the sofa since my 6 year old is in my bed with his mummy.

His bed was...er....covered in vomit at 10pm:sadsmile:

I broke the Insignia's arse :(

I stopped a tractor with no lights on the back of his bale wrapper, to tell him he was invisible from behind at 11pm..

Some how I either didnt pull up fully on the handbrake switch, or wasnt fully stopped when i pulled it and got out,but as i started to tell him about his lights, he said "jaysus yer car" as it rolled back. Into his front counter weight. 

Stoved in the tailgate and cracked the light cluster. 

Unbelievably pi$$ed off now. Im clearly not allowed have nice(ish) things...

• Sad 1

Yup.

I think the car is cursed.

In the last 3months ive got a high speed puncture in the motorway, fun and games with coolant loss from a the radiator, and now this mess.

I didnt even try to open the boot, as u know it wont close again if i do.

Silver lining i have to take is that maybe me stopping him and getting him to sort a rear light may have stopped some other poor sod smashing into the back of his baler and being killed.

Still gutted though.

• 6 months later...

If I'm honest they spelled it correctly :blush I spelled my username the way I do as someone once beat me to the user name on another forum and I wanted to use the Eleanor bit (It's because of my favourite Lindisfarne track) 

Im 11mins early, but not if going by  CET..

Im eating toast, in the kitchen, listening to the not quite 3 yr old sing himself a made up song to go back asleep after waking up for a wee.

The lyrics of his song -

"Mama, i need to make a banana.

Put in the microwave just 2minutes...

Baaanaanaaaaa......" :D

Reckon it could be a christmas no.1!

No snow in Ireland atm Rob, just drizzle, wind and flu blowing around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No snow in Manchester but i'm driving over the North Pennines tomorrow and there is a chance of wee bit of the white stuff being sprinkled about on  he hills. Probably going to go for a walk at the weekend up there too, so will take the Vitara just in case :) 

great song btw :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Holy thread revival Batman :D

I wondered if you were still on Rob? Anyhoo, I can't sleep as I have only 14 hours to go before I pick up my new car :) I did look at the RS3 saloon, but couldn't get a good enough deal on one and to be honest, I'm a bit put off by the idea of wider tyres on the front wheels (a bit irrational I know).

hows life down under? Any baby Kiwis about :) 

Still here! :D

Working hard at my new IT job.

All is well. All 14 pets are being their usual selves. No baby kiwis though.

New cars are exciting! What did you buy? 

I bought a new old Audi as a daily, created a thread on it yesterday even though it's not a project. 

Rusty is still ongoing...

I've enjoyed your Rusty thread even though I hadn't been posting on here for nearly a year. Having a few family problems with an aging Mum :( Glad to see you are still acquiring mad pets (although why no baby Kiwi sanctuary yet?) 

I've bought an M4 :D