Return of the 'Wait for it, Wait for it' thread

Lady Elanore

Many Brisky folk wont remember the 'Wait for it thread' of several years ago. It was pretty huge and didn't make the migration of servers one year, or something technical like that. Anyhoo it started as a thread where I asked if anyone was about and why they were still up at this late hour. Of course Brisky was a much smaller place then. In the course of the thread we had total world domination (twice - oh how I miss the hippos of doom) and scary stories of getting lost in the soup tunnels of ye olde Brisky.

There was, and is, only one rule, you can't post until after the last boing of midnight and you can't post through the day (say (07:00hrs onwards). Ok that's perhaps two rules?

So whatcha doin' up this late?

I'm lying flat on my back on the floor as I have 'done my back in' and I'm working my way through the entire Breaking Bad series whilst taking away the pain with a nice drop of Aberlour whisky :)

Any workers starting a shift out there? or any slightly drunk people who can't remember how to log off?

• Like 2

Hang on, I posted this new thread and within 30 seconds it said it had received 33 views! What the...   There aren't that many Google spiders in the world that are that quick off the mark.

Enjoying a few Stella Artois cidre and watching Apocalypse Now. Unfortunately the cidre has run out so I expect I will be off to bed soon...

Ooops didn't see you there. Good evening and bye bye by the sounds of it (and that's not easy to say)

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

I have lots of remotes and I have total supremacy over them nearly all the time (alcohol levels permitting). At the moment I think I can see twice as many remotes as normal, which is a bit strange

• Like 1

I work the nightshifts at a psychiatric hospital :)

I've seen that sort of thing in batman movies. Or is it not quite the same?

Only joking of course :)

Edited by Lady Elanore

Not been in from work long, looking forward to having 9 days off, picking my new(ish  ) car up on tuesday, going to a funeral on thursday ( v. sad ) and meeting my money man on Friday to find out when I can retire....and probably getting bladdered in between/as well !

The company i work for has a new M.D. and he is as clueless as a clueless thing....I can see us going bust and/or getting taken over within the next couple of years, our particular depot is the only one of the group that makes a profit, and we are being used as a cash cow, but the cow is dying, but nobody listens to the men that do the job, do they ? Our union is useless, most of the senior management are on the verge of retirement, so they don't care, so i just go, do my bit, stick my oar in now and again, and go home. I have worked in the industry for over 30 years on and off, and it's sickening the way they spend a pound to save a penny.

Anyway........no they can't ban me, I know my rights, and the law, and baffle them into leaving me alone so i don't stir up too much sh!t !

I work the nightshifts at a psychiatric hospital :)

Sooner you than me......Definitely.

I was going to say I bet you have some stories though, but reading post 14, maybe not??? :think: .

I was going to say I bet you have some stories though, but reading post 14, maybe not??? :think: .

12:00pm   :think:   There's always one......    then another...

• Like 1

I was going to say I bet you have some stories though, but reading post 14, maybe not??? :think: .

Its a great job! Im a nightperson, the pay is quite good and its a lot time off.

I have some stories, but out of the resepect for the unfortunate souls in them I wont share them.

But its mostly just ordinary people like you and me who needs some help to get their life back on track.

• Like 3