Maps Update on SD card problem

Has anyone had this problem when trying to update their maps?

First I went onto the Download site and downloaded the 2016 maps onto my Mac's hard drive. Then I dragged those files  onto my 32gb SDHC card. Inserted the SD card into my Columbus unit and went on Setup-Update Software. 

But I get the error message "Error, cannot locate data, check Source". I click on Media, SD Card 1 and it recognises there is a Software Update there. 

The files on the SD card are: 1. metainfo2.txt, 2. Mib1 folder, and 3. Mib2 folder.

Any ideas?

Not a card format issue as it recognises the card, so possibly a corrupt or wrongly named file.
Did you have Safari open the downloaded zip or use a different zip extractor.
Safari has issues extracting zip files.
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/377836-navigation-data-update-available/#entry4435895

Edited by BillyJim

Thanks for your thoughts. I used the Unzip Utility that comes pre-intsalled with the Mac. But it didn't allow me to unzip directly to the SD card. So I had to drag the files from the hard disk to the card. Perhaps therein lies the problem. I think I'll look for different download/unzip software........

That shouldn't be the issue. It's Safari's built-in extractor that can cause problems. If you have the zip file it should be okay (Safari deletes it after it extracts it).

On hindsight it may indeed be the hidden system files on the card causing the issue. There are a couple of options...

1) If you have access to a Windows device, use it to delete the files on the SD Card that start with a full stop (.DS_Store, .Trashes, etc) and check inside the mib1 and mib2 folders too.

2) Use something like BlueHarvest. It's not free (£10 I think) but it also has a free 30 day trial period.

If you're thinking of using SD Cards or USB sticks for music in your car, then BlueHarvest may be worth the small investment.

I've had it for years because the Mac system files would show up on the Columbus in my old Superb.

Edited by BillyJim