Superb Mk111 Electric Tailgate

7 hours ago, mikehp1 said:

Picked up my new superb sel exec estate 220 dsg on the 1st March the sales person took me through the workings of the car but could not close the tailgate from the the key fob. When l had my test drive it was in a hatchback but the sales guy the boot worked the same has the estate and that it was fully automatic opening/closing off the key fob the brochure even says this no mention of KSSY. ln the brochure this is stated 3 times on pages 12 ,20 and 29 l cannot lift my arms higher than my shoulders and my legs are us so cannot climb ladders l would l would need to carry 1 with me to reach the close button. I have just got back from the dealership and they say get in touch with Skoda to see what can be done (me by the looks of it).

As a workaround (or solution if they say they can't do it - 'safety reasons' I believe), you can set the height that the boot opens to, so that it stops at the highest point at which you can reach the button. This may be inconvenient for loading though, if it's very low.

21 hours ago, mikehp1 said:

Picked up my new superb sel exec estate 220 dsg on the 1st March the sales person took me through the workings of the car but could not close the tailgate from the the key fob. When l had my test drive it was in a hatchback but the sales guy the boot worked the same has the estate and that it was fully automatic opening/closing off the key fob the brochure even says this no mention of KSSY. ln the brochure this is stated 3 times on pages 12 ,20 and 29 l cannot lift my arms higher than my shoulders and my legs are us so cannot climb ladders l would l would need to carry 1 with me to reach the close button. I have just got back from the dealership and they say get in touch with Skoda to see what can be done (me by the looks of it).

You can limit how much the tailgate opens, although obviously you then have to mind your head.

So does the boot definitely close (without pushing the button on the lid) on an L&K Estate? Like others I have a problem reaching it, and don't want to set it low where someone might hit their head.

Has anyone managed to work out the VCDS coding to enable close of the electric tailgate from the centre console button yet? They found it on the Octavia coding, but I've not seen it on the Superb yet.

Thanks

Dan

VCP needs to upload a whole new modified file to the controller, these files also differ slightly from dongle (which is used to download the file from the VCP software writers) to dongle, it is done this way to try and combat those using cloned software. 

Its a a bit like comparing a PC to a MAC.... they will do pretty much the same thing but in a different way. 

On 09/03/2017 at 15:31, mikehp1 said:

Sounds like you've got similar mobility issues to me.

My demo was of a L&K with KESSY and I checked that the boot opened and closed remotely. Never even occurred to me to ask if "electrically operated tailgate" means 2 different things depending on the level of trim.

I have got a gizmo which should in theory convert the centre console button into an open/close button and be 100% reversible when it's time to hand the car back but I need help locating the controller for the tailgate and probably fitting the thing too. For now I have just covered the console button so I don't press it by accident.

On 09/03/2017 at 19:47, Enriquez said:

Just press the center button on the keyfob twice and fast. Second press hold until it close. It works even from 30 meters away. 

That only works if you have KESSY. Mikehp1 and I both have  SEL Execs without KESSY.

You have right.

Beside of this You have 2 options to manage it:

1. Clone the built in tailgate closing button. You have wiring to this button in the blue connector in the A - pillar bottom at the left side of the car (in continental version - not sure whats in UK spes). Then making a quick connector - without damaging anything, You can connect "new" closing button to any of 3 free buttons in Your console close to the gear knob. The unused buttons ale locked by a small piece of plastic, which needs to be removed. You just connect wires to this. This is clearly described how to do it at german skoda forum. If You want I can look for the link later.

2. Second option is to grab somebody with VagCan Pro interface, or buy it. You need the cheapest one with CAN. You need to contact the person from VAG Can Pro forum, who will do this over a teamviewer via internet. This is different method than official VCP file - it always work. 

8 hours ago, Enriquez said:

1. Clone the built in tailgate closing button. You have wiring to this button in the blue connector in the A - pillar bottom at the left side of the car (in continental version - not sure whats in UK spes). Then making a quick connector - without damaging anything, You can connect "new" closing button to any of 3 free buttons in Your console close to the gear knob. The unused buttons ale locked by a small piece of plastic, which needs to be removed. You just connect wires to this. This is clearly described how to do it at german skoda forum. If You want I can look for the link later.

I would be very grateful if you would post the link here please.

I have spent a couple of hours looking but haven't been able to find it.

Hi everyone update on my none closing tailgate off the keyfob the dealership have contacted me to book my car in so they can fix the problem.It is booked in for monday the 27th of this month l will let you all know the output of this good or bad.

• Like 2

On 16/03/2017 at 10:49, mikehp1 said:

Hi everyone update on my none closing tailgate off the keyfob the dealership have contacted me to book my car in so they can fix the problem.It is booked in for monday the 27th of this month l will let you all know the output of this good or bad.

Don't want to pee on your campfire but they said the same to me. Just got the car in, looked at it and said "Nah, nothing we can do about it mate.". They wouldn't even disconnect the centre console button because it is apparently connected to a multi-connector and they didn't want to start snipping wires.

Total waste of everybody's time.

Don't get me wrong, the dealership is very good in most respects but they are constrained by what Skoda will permit them to do.

I really do hope things have moved on in the past 8 months or so and they can help you, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

11 hours ago, Majikthise said:

Don't want to pee on your campfire but they said the same to me. Just got the car in, looked at it and said "Nah, nothing we can do about it mate.". They wouldn't even disconnect the centre console button because it is apparently connected to a multi-connector and they didn't want to start snipping wires.

Total waste of everybody's time.

Don't get me wrong, the dealership is very good in most respects but they are constrained by what Skoda will permit them to do.

I really do hope things have moved on in the past 8 months or so and they can help you, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Was this Alex Lawrie in Liverpool?

16 minutes ago, Majikthise said:

Yes it was. Why?

Just out of interest - they're one of my closest dealers, so now I know not to bother approaching them about anything to do with changing the boot release settings...

12 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

now I know not to bother approaching them about anything to do with changing the boot release settings...

Might actually be worth a try now. That German Skoda forum mentions a "new zdc file" released on 1st September and includes video of the centre console button opening and closing the tailgate. Not sure what a "zdc file" is but it might be of some use.

• Like 2

I am still waiting for an answer from Skoda UK about the boot closure via central console. Where can I find the link to the German Skoda file?

On 21/03/2017 at 22:00, knfruitbat said:

I am still waiting for an answer from Skoda UK about the boot closure via central console. Where can I find the link to the German Skoda file?

It's in this thread, posted 15th March.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Majikthise said:

It's in this thread, posted 15th March.

Should have looked slightly further back. Thanks.

Got a response through Skoda UK facebook page. Apparently, it was a typo in the brochure. Ridiculous response. A typo they have known about for a year and do nothing about, and dealers don't mention unless challenged to show it working on the car you have just test driven.