Jimmys SE#152

MidWalesVRS

Couple of little updates..

These guys turned up last week.

20160307_151059.jpg

So was time to get the bumper off and replace..

20160307_151045.jpg

It took me the best part of a half hour to get the bumper off - although next time I'm sure it will only take me 5 minutes lol.

20160307_180652.jpg

20160307_180644.jpg

Most importantly - this came..

20160307_180706.jpg

Quickly question for any that knows.. the fog light connection on the passenger side had two connections, one for the fogs, the the other had a weird connection on, and there was a hose loose that went up to the battery Base tray.. I presume I've pulled them apart, is that correct?

20160307_153424.jpg

Looks great.

Where did you get the headlights from?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks very much! There from a fellow Brisky member - I will leave it with them to post if they want it advertised :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

No worries.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The plastic battery tray has a drain off it to let any water drain away down by the PAS pump area, that's what the open ended hose is.

The fog light with the weird connection on is the outside temp sensor, should screw onto the inside of the bumper. The hose is a drain hose I believe.

Cheers both of you for clearing that up.. I left them both loose as the bumpers back off again tomorrow.. so will just screw the temperature sender back in.

:-)

Edited by MidWalesVRS

• 2 weeks later...

So.. today was the day! A chap i work with had offered his time, tools and knowledge to show me how to put my coilovers on, so I snapped his hand off when he offered to show me what's what today..

I took next to no photos whilst we were fitting.. so there's only this one of it in the air.

20160319_121012.jpg

We started on the drivers side, and I'm glad we did - as it turned out to be a pig of a job even with spring compressors.. just sat in the hub solid.. but it eventually came out.

I watched the drivers side and then did the passenger side myself.. same with the rears. Rears are a doddle! Passenger side was a doddle.

Here she is..

20160319_153818.jpg

20160319_153854.jpg

20160319_153905.jpg

We didn't need to adjust at all.. front and back are sat as low as they will go - and it's perfect for me and us as a family..

We have a fabulous section of s-bends not far from home, so I let her go a bit - and.. words cannot express how good these things are! The ride is totally flat, it handles like a dream, it's effortless.. hands down - they are absolutely incredible..

2nd April - Milltek and Alternator is getting sorted.

Didn't have enough money this month to sort out Poly'bushes.. but noticed they need doing soon, I think ones split and they look crap!

Paintwork is in a poor condition as well. I noticed being up close and personal a lot more today - and it could probably benefit from a full re-spray at some point. On the 2nd, Skoda in Telford are having it to assess whether they will cover the sill rot going on or not, I might see what's what then and what we can arrange!

But no - pretty chuffed today!

Edited by MidWalesVRS

Thanks both..

Yes Hutchy! We started on it by chance, and I'm glad we did.. took us a fair while.. Probably wouldn't do it any different next time though..

Kev - the specs say the kit is between 30-50mm lower. So presume with it sat at the bottom of the adjustment it's down 50 mm.. you can still fit your hand in between tyre and body work though..

I ventured into Telford today - if you think our roads are bad, take a trip there! I was horrified at the state of some of there b-roads.. makes the Welsh roads seem like super highways! I am finding myself swerve more..

These are the pictures of the corrosion and rust..20160320_173216_zpsrqvatguq.jpg

20160320_173235_zpsvfoot5gl.jpg

20160320_173112_zpsbj2cn3bh.jpg20160320_173047_zpsscalzk7v.jpg

20160320_173035_zpsiozupfrk.jpg

Edited by MidWalesVRS

Crikey that is bad!

Not rubbing salt in the wounds but mine is 100% completely rust free!

I always hard wax the wheel arches and sills at the very end of my cleaning to protect them since it's the common places, autoglym HD wax always does it for me :)

On the plus side, all looks nice and easy to sort out so shouldn't cost much!

Still within its 10 years anti corrosion warranty,just depends if they say all that on the sills is from stone chip damage (even though clearly it's not)

Ouch hadn't realised it was that bad. Fingers crossed Skoda will pay up and get it all 100% sorted under the 10 year warranty

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's terrible really.. it needs a full re-spray. Previous owner clearly treated it to a sponge wash at least once a week.. (grr).. Looks great from a distance, but up close and personal it's a nightmare..

Furrows are dodging it like the plague, which is why I opted to go to Faintree as they have a somewhat decent feedback.

If they're no joy I will be plastering it across social media - #Skoda.. I'll play on it supposedly being a 'special edition' as well!

Furrows won't touch it as not Skoda approved bodyshop. Plus Fix Auto who are, you would be better with a rattle can in the rain

Furrows won't touch it as not Skoda approved bodyshop. Plus Fix Auto who are, you would be better with a rattle can in the rain

Strange furrows not being approved? As they are a skoda dealer.

Will see what they say with ours,as it has rust starting like Jims on sills,but this car was bought from them new with full service history by them,then we've bought it off them after it was part ex ed in :)

Furrows made me aware it wouldn't be them doing the work if Skoda approved the warranty work - it would go down to Fix auto in Llanymynech, and by all accounts apparently they don't have the best reputation..

I'm going to pop in after work today and get a quote from there bodyshop regardless so I'm armed with a figure incase I hit a brick wall with skoda.

Keep me informed as to how you get on Kev!

Go and speak to Phil. I have always spoken to him when mine has been in 3 times now [emoji54]

Your welcome to come and look at mine so you can see what their work is like

Edited by J306TD
  • Like 1

Go and speak to Phil. I have always spoken to him when mine has been in 3 times now [emoji54]

Your welcome to come and look at mine so you can see what their work is like

Tried to pop in just now but there's literally noone about.. so I have left it for now. Will give Skoda my best shot on the 2nd - but when I rang, I already had the 'stone chips' are a common cause of this which invalidates the warranty lark.

I can try my best - even if it comes down to them only contributing towards the cost..

If they go down the stone chip route there are plenty of Fabias on here with way more miles on the clock than yours,and older,which are showing no rust on the sills.You will be able to supply plenty of pics as proof if needed :)

Mines a 2005 and just gone past 127k now and no corrosion showing on sills.

• Like 1

My Red 2007 Vrs is rusting in the exact same places, pretty much identical. Got to have been a production line issue with the paint/rust protection. Im going to try and claim with Skoda also with the paint warranty. Could you keep this thread updated with how you get on.

• Like 2

My Red 2007 Vrs is rusting in the exact same places, pretty much identical. Got to have been a production line issue with the paint/rust protection. Im going to try and claim with Skoda also with the paint warranty. Could you keep this thread updated with how you get on.

Of course I will.. would you be up for taking some photos of yours and popping them over too me? Or posting them up here.. I will have a bit of ammunition then.

I have a friend who has an 07 plate Octavia and his is rusting in the exact same locations.. !

Edited by MidWalesVRS

Perhaps it's a year 2007 build issue?

They're not going to acknowledge that though.. Although I am led to believe that it's not the dealer that makes the decision - it's Skoda UK, it's just the dealership that sorts out the warranty forms and gets them sent over.. so really - can't see what the dealership have to lose!

Popped into Furrows today to speak to there body shop.. lad I spoke to told me that due to it being on both sills, and the spot where the bumper joins the main body - it would need a respray from sills to roof, all of the rear.. and that would be hard to blend into the front end - so would likely be a full re-spray to ensure it looked good..

Sounds expensive! Come at me Skoda.

• Like 1