New Car Discount & UK Car Discount

Missed that delivery slot now confirmed for the 13th

So pleased for you, hope your as happy with yours as I am with mine, The original estimate for delivery for mine was next week, but I have had it almost 4 weeks now, The V5 arrived today so Next week I can get my Personal Plates on it.

Edited by russ1610

My Order, due to be delivered on the 6th of June, has just been cancelled by New Car Discount.  Apparently Skoda have pulled the plug on this according to the email.  The car, which has about about £2.5k of extras on it and is apparently in the UK already is now not going to be sold to me?  I have the invoice with the chassis number and Registration Number on it.

I'm smelling something very foul here.

Edited by firebits

My Order, due to be delivered on the 6th of June, has just been cancelled by New Car Discount.  Apparently Skoda have pulled the plug on this according to the email.  The car, which has about about £2.5k of extras on it and is apparently in the UK already is now not going to be sold to me?

I'm smelling something very foul here.

That is outrageous! When did you place your order and when did you get confirmation of the car being in the UK?

I placed the order on the 29th of February, was informed that the car was in the UK on the 9th of May, got the invoice two days ago on the 25th.

Was it Nick with the bad news? 

I'm in similar situation, 22nd May - order, 18th May confirmation of car in the UK, invoice on 25th.

2.0 190bhp 4x4 DSG L&K Hatchback, £2K worth of extras.

Curious what will happen with my order...

It was John, by email at 17:33.  Had left for the day at 17:41.  Obviously there are sales of goods acts and such, non of which I am an expert on however I will be persuing. 

Just had an e-mail about mine.....totally cancelled by Skoka, deposit refunded....supposed to have been delivered to the supplying dealer on 1st June, so must be in the country.

Not in the slightest impressed with Skoda!!!

Is it like this:

Really bad news I’m afraid. With immediate effect our discount terms have been stopped from Skoda, the dealer who was supplying us shouldn’t have been supplying us and Skoda have got wind of it and pulled the plug meaning we are no longer able to supply the car.

I’m really sorry about this and know it will be very frustrating, especially after the long wait – for us as well as we have taken numerous orders.

We are in negotiation with another dealer to get more discount terms which could take a couple of weeks but whether or not we can negotiate the same level of discount I’m not sure..

I have asked accounts to refund your deposit in full and again please accept my apologies.

Is it like this:

Really bad news I’m afraid. With immediate effect our discount terms have been stopped from Skoda, the dealer who was supplying us shouldn’t have been supplying us and Skoda have got wind of it and pulled the plug meaning we are no longer able to supply the car.[/size]

I’m really sorry about this and know it will be very frustrating, especially after the long wait – for us as well as we have taken numerous orders.

We are in negotiation with another dealer to get more discount terms which could take a couple of weeks but whether or not we can negotiate the same level of discount I’m not sure..

I have asked accounts to refund your deposit in full and again please accept my apologies.

Yes, very very similar, he (John) said that my deposit had actually been repaid, though I am unable to check at present.

As you say, it sounds very fishy!! But if it is actually Skoda doing this, they will never get my custom again!! VERY shoddy if true.

I have tried to call Skoda on this already but they are closed until Tuesday.  If people have made orders already and the car has been manufactured surely Skoda would let those orders be fulfilled?

Received the same email, as car was being delivered to dealer this week, will be contacting trading standards as the car will already have been built to our specification.  Despite the pricing differential, New Card Discount need to contractually honour the outstanding order, which trading standards will confirm.

Very interesting, if you paid your deposit with a Credit card maybe Section 75 of the consumer credit act may apply. Worth looking into.

Check your T&Cs with NCD. I bet they can pull out if Skoda won't/can't supply the car. Your losses will be limited to your deposit so CC won't get involved beyond that.

Not sure what's Skoda's angle for cancellations of existing orders.

• Surely Skoda makes money on the car.
  • Surely supplying dealer makes money on the car.
  • Surely NCD makes money on the sale
  • Surely disappointed customers will make a lot of noise about it.

So why not just cancel offers/ramp up prices for new customers? Win-win.

VW recently mis-priced Passat All-track for ~day and yet fulfilled orders (most was factory) to keep folks happy.

Edited by Luke997

I have emailed Skoda UK. Will see what happens from here, but if they are not fulfilling the order I'm not ordering another one.

That will be the least of their worries.

Nowadays anything is worth the news, forums --> social media --> news website - they can't be that ignorant, can they?

• Like 1

Awww that's crap guys. Especially doing it the Friday before a bank holiday and so close to your "due" dates. Skoda are really doing an excellent job ingratiating themselves on the customer service front. Hope you all get something sorted soon before it sours further.

If skoda are cracking down on dubious fleet sales then I would expect them to target all intermediaries. Its not hard to find them on google is it?