Was awarded to a Woman last week:eek: She was an attention seeker and took 45 Pain killers in an attempted suicide bid, she then phoned 999 but the ambulance took 35 min to reach her and she suffered brain damage. She sued the Ambulance service for being late and won £2.8 million Compensation. I Know what I've have Done and it wouldn't have involved £2.8 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!:finger:

Here are some more little tit-bits from the same article. They are beyond lunacy!

COMPENSATION CULTURE

Lorraine Capener, 53, a mortuary technician, received £15,000 from an employment tribunal in October after developing a morbid fear of death

A soldier injured when he fell from an army lorry as he “windsurfed” on the

tailgate received £75,000 from the MoD

A Scots policeman won £2,000 after being bitten by his own dog; another got

£5,000 for exposure to “excessive” noise while on motorcycle duty

Karl Jones, a fraudster, was awarded nearly £248,000 in 2003 after suffering

from erectile dysfunction when he slipped in a jail shower

Marvin Pomfret received £75,000 in 2002 after blaming his violent criminal

career on his attendance at a school for children with learning difficulties

The mother of an unruly teenager who suffered from anxiety after he was

expelled for taking a knife to school won £11,000 from Greenwich council

I have had an xmas card from some stupid 'click to claim' company.Picture of Santa and the caption "Sorry Santa,there is no one to blame,No Claim"

Putting it back in the post tonight with no stamp

People are allowed to get second thoughts about taking their own lives. Some even want talking out of it, or it seems that way in my own experience.

Thought to penalise the Emergency Services/NHS Care Trust for the outcome of her taking an OD, I don't think that's right in any context.

I was told of a story from my boss in work he saw on the TV I think.

Guy driving his motor home across America stuck it on the cruise control and jumped into the back to make himself a coffee. Obviously came unstuck on a corner and crashed. Sued the car company because it didn't say in the hand book not to leave the wheel whilst using cruise control.

The lady in question was suffering from post-natal depression at the time which can be a serious issue for many women. It's unfair to call her a dopey cow I think. Regardless of how she came to need an ambulance, it did arrive late and failed to treat her correctly - hence the size of the award.

To put another scenario to you. You arrive home drunk, fall down the stairs and break your back. The ambulance gets lost and takes half an hour to arrive, they then move you incorrectly resulting in permanent damage such that you need a wheelchair. Are you really going to say "that's ok - not the fault of the NHS at all, it's all my fault for going out drinking" or are you going to try and get financial assistance to support you for the rest of your life ?

The ambulance gets lost and takes half an hour to arrive, they then move you incorrectly resulting in permanent damage such that you need a wheelchair. ?

I think this is theproblem though.People wiil become afraid to do their job even when they are trying to help for fear of being sued.

What if people start suing the fire service for dragging them out of a house too roughly?

The lady in question was suffering from post-natal depression at the time which can be a serious issue for many women. It's unfair to call her a dopey cow I think. Regardless of how she came to need an ambulance' date=' it did arrive late and failed to treat her correctly - hence the size of the award.

To put another scenario to you. You arrive home drunk, fall down the stairs and break your back. The ambulance gets lost and takes half an hour to arrive, they then move you incorrectly resulting in permanent damage such that you need a wheelchair. Are you really going to say "that's ok - not the fault of the NHS at all, it's all my fault for going out drinking" or are you going to try and get financial assistance to support you for the rest of your life ?[/quote']

That would be considered an accident though, despite being drunk you wouldn't have done it intentionaly, this lady on the other hand did intend to harm herself.

Guy driving his motor home across America stuck it on the cruise control and jumped into the back to make himself a coffee. Obviously came unstuck on a corner and crashed. Sued the car company because it didn't say in the hand book not to leave the wheel whilst using cruise control.

One of my friends thought the car steered around corners when cruise control was enabled - some people need things in pure black and white! I'm sure technology will continue to develop to a stage when this will be possible...but not just yet!