Headlight Washer

Has anybody experienced issues with the headlight washer not fully retracting. Sometimes the passenger side washer does not fully retract but not happening enough for me to take it into the dealers and as usual with these things it will work fine  when I take it in to them..

Is this a common problem?

It was a common problem on the early O3s if I remember correctly.

There was a fix for it (but this probably just involves a nail file & some silicon spray) & I don't remember anyone having any problems getting it replaced by teh dealer under warrenty..

If you can live with it, mention it to the dealer at the next service (as long as its not leaking washer fluid while its stuck open)

• Like 1

It was a common problem on the early O3s if I remember correctly.

There was a fix for it (but this probably just involves a nail file & some silicon spray) & I don't remember anyone having any problems getting it replaced by teh dealer under warrenty..

If you can live with it, mention it to the dealer at the next service (as long as its not leaking washer fluid while its stuck open)

No fluid leaking - Its only about the last 1/4 inch that sometimes does not retract. 

I had the same issue on passenger side: washer always got stuck some 6mm away from bumper, never retracted fully. A slight touch was enough to "encourage" it to take proper position...

A week ago Skoda replaced both washers...now, the issue is back again :/

Going to book it in to get them to resolve and get them to look at the front door seals as well as they are holding water until I open the door.

There is a very good thread for this on the forum too.

Some dealers seem to "modify" (i.e. punch some holes) into the existing seals but there are now some new official seals which correct this issue.

Try to push for the new parts..

The modified seals seem to work for me but as someone said in the thread, if the modified parts were OK, they wouldn't have released a new part with a different design.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue too.

Dealer did something last winter (not replaced the washer system) and it was fine for a year.

This winter they started to stuck again.

What I did: pulled them out and unclipped the cover. They still not retracted completely so it wasn't the cover that caused the problem.

Then I pulled them out fully again and cleaned the pistons (if that's the correct word) with compressed air.

There were some dirt on them (and I also noticed some stratches).

After cleaning I applied silicone grease on the pistons. This fixed one of them instantly, the other one needed a few operation.

I did this 3 weeks ago, it seems that they are fine again.

I think there's nothing to adjust I checked the workshop manuals.

• 2 months later...