How do I access the VCDS on my Skoda Octavia

Sure thing don't disagree at all with you! But you do know what your talking about, have lots of experience and access to people/ other equipment who can help if it goes wrong.

The op however sounds a novice and may not be so fortunate and end up doing more harm than good in desperation if thing went south.

Just want new people to be careful.

There was a guy on here the other week who asked what oil to use as his oil lights come on and he hadn't checked the oil ever in 15000 miles as it gets done on a service doesn't it!?!.....what's easy/normal for some is quite different for others.

But the chances that you end up with an dead or corrupted controller is virtually nil. With VCP you can rewrite the eeprom and properly brick it, vcds simply cannot do something like that.

Worst case is you need help from someone with more experience or have to drive to a dealer.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

This is interesting, provide us with reports once you test it!

+1, yes this does look interesting IF it works!

Looking forward to an update on OBDeleven.

Any update on OBDeleven yet?

Mine has been posted, waiting for it to arrive - since it seems I will be one of the first to get it, I will probably create a new thread with my findings when it arrives.

Since I guess there are some subscribed to this thread with an interest on it, I might also casually comment here and make a short summary.

I'm very keen to know more about OBDeleven - seems much more affordable than VCDS although checking their pro boards there are some things it cannot do like soundaktor, not sure it can activate traffic updates (AUS). Even then, I'd pay the money to disable start-stop.

I'm surprised no one is talking about it on forums besides a few chattering.

Wonder if it is riskier than VCDS?

I'm very keen to know more about OBDeleven - seems much more affordable than VCDS although checking their pro boards there are some things it cannot do like soundaktor, not sure it can activate traffic updates (AUS). Even then, I'd pay the money to disable start-stop.

I'm surprised no one is talking about it on forums besides a few chattering.

Wonder if it is riskier than VCDS?

I assume these things either fully work on don't work at all. Pretty sure that the risks involved are the same than with VCDS and even then, provided you keep track of the values you are changing, if you change something you shouldn't, you can always change it back to what it was.

The principle/trick is to change one thing at a time, test, and then change the next - if something goes wrong, you know immediately which change caused it and you can quickly undo.

Edited by Jaco2k