Looks like it's staying.

zorst

Just thought i'd type something for your reading pleasure..............and cos i'm bored.............again.

It looks like the Superb will be staying. I want to move on but as I've said in one of my other posts which ever way I do it I'd have to put money to the deal to move to something else.

If the car is part ex'd in then I have to put money to it and if I sold the car private sale I'd probably have to put some money on top of what I get for the car.

I've been monitoring Superb 2 models that are for sale and nothing appears to be selling. The prices are quite a distance apart.

Superb 2s started in 2008 and if we look at 2008/2009 TDI and below 90k miles, which is mine, they range from £5K to £7K depending who's selling them.

The ones at £5K or nearest offer aren't selling so this means I'd have to sell mine for £4500 ono if I was desperate. So my point is what other car is out there that gives this sort of quality, with these extras and with these aesthetics and with a finish like that in the cabin for that money?

Oh yeah and with that sort of MPG return.

Nuff said, moan over, move on.

And selling it had nothing to do with, that this week, I've had to replace a sensor, had four tyres fitted, and then the turbo actuator failed, so I've had that done as well.

I've still got the brake discs and some bodywork to do. I'm not giving up on it and I'll get there.

Cheers Zorst/Ken

So my point is what other car is out there that gives this sort of quality, with these extras and with these aesthetics and with a finish like that in the cabin for that money?

Oh yeah and with that sort of MPG return.

Agreed,

For my commute I need a comfortable,  refined, economical and safe car for little money .  I also need it for long continental drives with lots of luggage and capable of carrying our 6ft 5" son  

My Superb II and it's predecessor Superb I (owned 10 years)  have both done this in style

Im just into my first Skoda after having company cars for over 40 years of all makes I have a pretty good idea of what I wanted for my retirement as I had to buy it myself.

So, Knowing of the immediate loss of as soon as a new one leaves the showroom, it had to be a pre -reg or very low miles one owner.

For some reason, Skoda dealers do not pre-reg anything, so I eventually found a 2015. 1.6 D Greenline with all the extras that had come direct from Skoda UK in Oxford. with 3000 miles.

I have had it 3 months and my choice was good. Im looking to get 10 years out of it. I will be 76 then and probably ready to quit driving.

It will no doubt last me with average yearly mileage and good service periods.. So "Jobs a good un" with £30 tax and £260 insurance.. residual values are not a issue for me.

Edited by Kirkie
  • Like 2

Im just into my first Skoda after having company cars for over 40 years of all makes I have a pretty good idea of what I wanted for my retirement as I had to buy it myself.

So, Knowing of the immediate loss of as soon as a new one leaves the showroom, it had to be a pre -reg or very low miles one owner.

For some reason, Skoda dealers do not pre-reg anything, so I eventually found a 2015. 1.6 D Greenline with all the extras that had come direct from Skoda UK in Oxford. with 3000 miles.

I have had it 3 months and my choice was good. Im looking to get 10 years out of it. I will be 76 then and probably ready to quit driving.

It will no doubt last me with average yearly mileage and good service periods.. So "Jobs a good un" with £30 tax and £260 insurance.. residual values are not a issue for me.

Good choice. It is a cracking car and much more sprightly than you would have thought. Mine's a stayer too.

• Like 1

Lovely car in so many ways.

I've just been a bit unlucky with crazy niggly faults unfortunately, but they haven't put me off the brand.

The majority like 'em, so that's good enough for me, and apart from said faults, ALL past purchases including this one have been most excellent.

Was shocked when my finance got agreed, then HMRC paid my deposit, and the £150/month fuel saving meant it is costing less to run than my Chevvy/Daewoo (40mpg)

but in defence of the Chevvy it took as much in its last month working as it cost to buy......thats some trick trust me

(as big inside as a Superb BTW)

Chevrolet-Epica.jpg