Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

Also.

The Matlock Bath ride out that i mentioned earlier on seems to of went well and looks to of been very busy.

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Traffic-chaos-Derbyshire-thousands-bikers-turn/story-28869644-detail/story.html#ZpedWygqYljsiG1r.01

Apart from a car pulled out on a lad from Leeds way. Ive heard he could of possibly broken his hip but its just speculation atm it seems.

Anyone out there like this? I think its a really pretty machine............major aesthetic improvement on the old nc750 too.

Going to try one in the coming weeks. I like it...........lots!

I have had its predecessor, the 700X DCT for just over a year now. Love it. The engine is lovely, if a little vibey at times.

Suspension leaves a bit to be desired but hey!

I really like the new model but cannot justify the cost to change at the moment.

Have a look here...

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?

If you want a bit more info.

Edited by CFB

I have had its predecessor, the 700X DCT for just over a year now. Love it. The engine is lovely, if a little vibey at times.

I really like the new model but cannot justify the cost to change at the moment.

Have a look here...

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?

You could always upgrade the fork springs and rear shock if its a keeper?

Have a look here... http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?

Thanks for that. I have ridden the 750. Loved the engine, but found the seat rather hard. I chose a cb500x instead as it was lighter, more comfortable and gave me the knee bend room I needed. I am thinking the latest model may have addressed the seat issue and I may be able to get peg adjusters. We will see.

Tbh. The VFR crossrunner would really appeal to me if it had DCT. I quite like the idea.

They are nice bikes but I am not sure about dct as an option. Each to their own of course.

Ive never ridden one but like thr idea.

Quite like DSG in cars too though tbh.

Yes I like dsg in cars too. However, for me, the bike is a different animal. I once owned a fully auto 250cc scooter. It was a great piece of kit but the absence of gear changing detracted from the riding experience. I know the dct is not the same but I still feel it may "undermine" the ride experience.

Just a feeling of course.....I may well be wrong as I have never ridden the dct.

Edited by kevberlin
  • Like 1

Yes I like dsg in cars too. However, for me, the bike is a different animal. I once owned a fully auto 250cc scooter. It was a great piece of kit but the absence of gear changing detracted from the riding experience. I know the dct is not the same but I still feel it may "undermine" the ride experience.

Just a feeling of course.....I may well be wrong as I have never ridden the dct.

I know what you're saying, n if it didn't have the manual over ride i wouldnt even be slightly curious :D

I just like the idea of mile munching in auto, then manually over riding it when you want to get abit sporty. 

But then it could be completely different than i imagine n i might even turn out to hate it :D 

on a separate note, its insurance time, urgh!

i hate insurance time

I always do the rounds. MCN compare and then all the independent insurers. There's no loyalty from them and no loyalty from me.

Good luck

I always do the rounds. MCN compare and then all the independent insurers. There's no loyalty from them and no loyalty from me.

Good luck

I do the same mate. No loyalty at all. Infact, you get a much higher premium if you stay loyal :D

£225 so far for the VFR, fully comp, protected no claims, mods declared etc. I guess thats not too bad considering im 23. I shouldn't complain really i guess, but i will :D

Very reasonable. It's the only time when I actually appreciate being "mature".

I know yeah. Im looking forward to being 25, apparently it drops alot then. 

I think its only £225 because the VFR is classed as a 'Tourer' for insurance purposes. Maybe a GSXR would be much more. 

Just been out with my old man and he's treated himself to a GS1200! Picks it up next weekend. Had it privately with stupid amounts of extras! Looking forward to some rides out with him now!

We've now got his Ducati ST2 to sell and his old VFR750!

Just been out with my old man and he's treated himself to a GS1200! Picks it up next weekend. Had it privately with stupid amounts of extras! Looking forward to some rides out with him now!

We've now got his Ducati ST2 to sell and his old VFR750!

Lovely. The BMW 1200GS?

What year? Colour? Etc. Spill ;)

Lovely. The BMW 1200GS?

What year? Colour? Etc. Spill ;)

It's a 2006 R1200GS in silver/blue.

1 owner from new. 26k on clock, full BMW history, BMW luggage, BMW sat nav and intercom, crash bars, spot lights etc. It's a nice condition.

Only had the VFR750 on eBay for 30 minutes and had two silly offers!

Not bad at all.

Was it low mileage?

Not bad at all.

Was it low mileage?

It was a 1995 VFR750 with 44,500 miles. Going to be putting his Ducati ST2 on next as he's selling both to fund the GS and only wants one bike.

It was a 1995 VFR750 with 44,500 miles. Going to be putting his Ducati ST2 on next as he's selling both to fund the GS and only wants one bike.

Still low mileage for a VFR, especially a gear driven cam one.

Ooh hopefully that goes as quick!

The GS is a good all round bike if youre only havin one. Does everythin really.