'65 plate, 2.0 TSi Elegance............

The title might not seem to make sense, but whilst skimming through Autotrader, looking for a Superb 3 2.0 TSi

I found an ad for the above car.

It's one of a batch of 2011/2012 cars imported from a bankrupt Singapore dealers stock after some 3 years of 

of legal wrangling regarding ownership.

If I wasn't happy with my current SuperB then I might have been tempted, but SWMBO decrees that one Superb in

the garage is enough. (Unless one of them is a new Mk 3, but even that scenario isn't popular...........)

DC

• Like 1

Just had a look at those now. They look a bit odd being pre-FL models but effectively brand new with new plates. There is probably a decent enough deal to be done for someone who wants a high spec car but is not too pushed on having the latest model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a look at those now. They look a bit odd being pre-FL models but effectively brand new with new plates. There is probably a decent enough deal to be done for someone who wants a high spec car but is not too pushed on having the latest model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

They aren't to UK specification, the obvious differences are the kilometer speedo, & the unheated leather / cloth trimmed seats, 

but there maybe other changes

Their value as used cars would be probably be lower than equivalent UK model, but if you like the idea of owning a very low mileage 2.0 TSi 

as a keeper, then it's an unusual opportunity. 

DC

They aren't to UK specification, the obvious differences are the kilometer speedo, & the unheated leather / cloth trimmed seats, 

but there maybe other changes

Their value as used cars would be probably be lower than equivalent UK model, but if you like the idea of owning a very low mileage 2.0 TSi 

as a keeper, then it's an unusual opportunity. 

DC

Yes, the spec is a little different alright and the blanked out heated seat controls look odd.  They would probably sell better here in Ireland with the km speedos!  They are advertising full leather but I think its a part leather/alcantara mix.  Ideal for somebody doing low mileage and as you say looking for a keeper as residuals will be impacted for a number of reasons - petrol, non-UK spec and mismatch of model versus year.

They aren't off that ship as that ran aground last year and these are pre-FL cars so got to be more than two or three years old?????

I'm assuming as well that they would be void of any official warranty from Skoda too??? Still not a bad price for what is a brand new car.... Make a nice airport run style taxi vehicle. :)

Edited by WaveyDavey

Bargain price for what seems like a 'new' five year old car (2011 year). I wonder if the lights, tyres and other bits and pieces are to UK/European legal requirements. They've obviously been sat around for a while, I wonder what has seized or corroded that isn't visible.

Try explaining these to your insurance company, maybe they won't even insure them.

Good point from WaveyDavey about the warranty, there won't be one from Skoda, same goes for the breakdown cover, but given the price I guess you'd expect that.

Personally I'd give them a miss, they might be more hassle than they're worth.

Bargain price for what seems like a 'new' five year old car (2011 year). I wonder if the lights, tyres and other bits and pieces are to UK/European legal requirements. They've obviously been sat around for a while, I wonder what has seized or corroded that isn't visible.

Try explaining these to your insurance company, maybe they won't even insure them.

Good point from WaveyDavey about the warranty, there won't be one from Skoda, same goes for the breakdown cover, but given the price I guess you'd expect that.

Personally I'd give them a miss, they might be more hassle than they're worth.

The cars have been registered in the UK so they have to be street-legal.

As for corrosion, storage in Singapore's climate is not likely to be a problem.

The tyres might be flat-spotted & I like to see a brand-new battery under the bonnet, plus evidence of a recent oil + filter change.

DC. 

Q. what would a FL 2.0ltr Tsi DSG Elegance be worth at 500 mileage?

Hard to guess, especially since the 2.0 TSi wasn't offered in the UK Superb 2 Facelift range.......

Serious answer, less than the selling price of these cars.

DC

£12,981

Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI CR 140 S 5dr

Key Facts
  • Hatchback
  • 13,295 miles
  • Manual
  • 2.0L
  • Diesel

1 owner, Offering fantastic value for money and in hatchback / saloon form, the Superb also has the more powerful 2.0 TDI 140 engine that is much preferred over the slightly underpowered 1.6 diesel engine fitted in many of these executive Superb models...., Specification includes alloy wheels, air conditioning, bluetooth phone prep, remote locking, electric windows and a whole host more..., Supplied with the remainder of the Skoda warranty and breakdown cover through to Jan 2018 for complete peace of mind, fully inspected in our state of the art workshops by Skoda factory trained technicians, professionally valeted and with a full HPI gold check...., Nationwide delivery can be arranged.., Benfield. Now part of the Lookers family...ABS, Air Conditio.... 5 seats, BLACK, This car can be viewed at Benfield Skoda - Kia, Newcastle next to the Metro Radio Arena!, £12,981

• Like 1

£12,981

Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI CR 140 S 5dr

Key Facts
  • Hatchback
  • 13,295 miles
  • Manual
  • 2.0L
  • Diesel

1 owner, Offering fantastic value for money and in hatchback / saloon form, the Superb also has the more powerful 2.0 TDI 140 engine that is much preferred over the slightly underpowered 1.6 diesel engine fitted in many of these executive Superb models...., Specification includes alloy wheels, air conditioning, bluetooth phone prep, remote locking, electric windows and a whole host more..., Supplied with the remainder of the Skoda warranty and breakdown cover through to Jan 2018 for complete peace of mind, fully inspected in our state of the art workshops by Skoda factory trained technicians, professionally valeted and with a full HPI gold check...., Nationwide delivery can be arranged.., Benfield. Now part of the Lookers family...ABS, Air Conditio.... 5 seats, BLACK, This car can be viewed at Benfield Skoda - Kia, Newcastle next to the Metro Radio Arena!, £12,981

Nice car, but it's a diesel, not a rare & very nippy 2.0 TSi.............

FWIW I've covered 15K miles in my Superb in 3 years, so a diesel wouldn't make economic sense for me, apart from the fun factor.

DC

• 4 weeks later...

Luxury cars imported from Singapore can suffer from electrical problems due to the humidity. I have a friend who manages the service department for Toyota/Lexus here in NZ and they no longer import second hand Lexus's after a number of electrical issues with Singapore cars. 

Edited by williamshatnerspants

• 2 weeks later...