Battery replacement

16 hours ago, Dadscab said:

This is the battery that's in it at the moment "varta 7P0 915 105 68 ah" 

But I think it might be discontinued or varta have changed the product code for it as I can't find it anywhere, this is so confusing. 

Varta's website gives these options: Superb II Start Stop Varta Battery options

I think the one that is usually recommended in UK/Ireland for a 1.6d with Greenline Technology is the Varta "Silver Dynamic AGM 570 901 076", UK code 096AGM. 

Note that the cost of the start/stop batteries is quite a bit more than a "normal" one. The link that DEL80Y gave lists the battery above - details here: https://www.tayna.co.uk/E39-Varta-Start-Stop-Plus-AGM-Car-Battery-570901076-P4367.html

2 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Varta's website gives these options: Superb II Start Stop Varta Battery options

I think the one that is usually recommended in UK/Ireland for a 1.6d with Greenline Technology is the Varta "Silver Dynamic AGM 570 901 076", UK code 096AGM. 

Note that the cost of the start/stop batteries is quite a bit more than a "normal" one. The link that DEL80Y gave lists the battery above - details here: https://www.tayna.co.uk/E39-Varta-Start-Stop-Plus-AGM-Car-Battery-570901076-P4367.html

Yeah I think your right, still it's better than the £200+ one I thought I'd have to buy. 

My stop start battery (fitted to 2014 facelift Superb II 1.4tsi) seems to have an extra connector (presumably to code the battery). Do these Varta batteries have this?

See bottom left in the picture below:-

P1010114.JPG

"My stop start battery (fitted to 2014 facelift Superb II 1.4tsi) seems to have an extra connector (presumably to code the battery). Do these Varta batteries have this?"

Er ignore me I'm tanking rubbish - this connector is part of the battery leads - hence the warning signs NOT to connect a jump lead to this battery post

• 1 year later...

I have installed the Varta E44 in my S2 as well, but next time I will probably choose the Exide EA770, since it has even better reviews.

On the other side: Every battery-buy is a guess. Tests never test the remaining capacity after 5 or 10 years, which is in fact the only criterion that counts, since new batteries (no matter which brand) always have enough capacity anyway.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 30/12/2018 at 12:29, andrehj said:

Tests never test the remaining capacity after 5 or 10 years, which is in fact the only criterion that counts, since new batteries (no matter which brand) always have enough capacity anyway.

Depend of the tester ... as most of the good quality ones tell you voltage before & during engine running, with & without major consumer and the remaining capacity to crank the engine. easy to evaluate and decide

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-14 at 16.28.40(1).jpeg

• 9 months later...

Can someone tell me do I need any modifications of the battery box if I want to put Varta AGM 580901080, 80ah instead of factory 70ah? Yes it is 3.7 cm longer than the 70ah

Superb mk2 2.0 TDI 140 PS

The box is plastic, full covered on all sides.