Unexpected extras

Thought there was another thread like this, but couldn't find it.

Had the Superb delivered on Friday (ordered in November and delivered exactly when they said).

SE Business in Petrol Blue. Options picked were: Colour Maxidot & 18" wheels.

But when it arrived it had electronic drivers seat adjustment. Bonus! :)

I know a few people were having the boot opening without ordering, but anyone else still getting unexpected extras?

I haven't had a really good look around yet, so may well have some other small things.

Electronic driver seat has been standard since January- basically you get whatever is the spec at the time it's built rather than when you ordered I think. I'm hoping xenons become standard around week 15/16 lol!

Edited by JimK8

Electronic driver seat has been standard since January- basically you get whatever is the spec at the time it's built rather than when you ordered I think. I'm hoping xenons become standard around week 15/16 lol!

Really? from the UK pdf i can see it is standard from SE L Executive.

Is that out of date? Or is SE Business the equivalent of SE L Executive?

And from my country's pdf i can see it as standard in Elegance (one before L&K)

Should i be looking at these things from somewhere else?

SE business has some SE L features for standard SE price to make it more attractive to fleet market. There's a pinned post at top of forum that takes you to the SE Business brochure.

I see. I guess we don't have these special models here - my order is for the "Ambition" base, which is the SE equivalent. And it would have the extra seats now.

Damn >_<

It's a standard SE Business feature, has been since launch in the UK.

This feature has been present since launch..

From at least October 100% From when I looked and ordered.

The only changes in where the black roof rails on the estate and stratos been removed

It seems that nowadays, rather than getting unexpected/unwanted "extras"  it is much hard to order a new reliable long distance, any road capable cruiser without the "extras".

For example, if I wanted to buy now a 190bhp diesel, 6-spd manual, 16in wheeled SIII with cloth upholstery, rough road package and manual cruise control, the nearest place I can order it from is Ireland. Or pretty much any other country except the UK.

Skoda UK, why do you always think you know better what customers want?  :notme:   

Edited by dieselV6

Still discovering mine, but for me nice extras I didn't realise were coming as standard on the SE Business are:-

LED Puddle lights on the door mirrors

LED lights on the interior door handles

Dipping passenger door mirror when reversing

One thing I have mastered and it's a revelation is the adaptive cruise control, absolutelty brilliant. Did a 30 mile trip on the motorway recently and only touched the accelerator pedal once. Mine is a manual and I appreciate it, I can only imagine on the auto box it's a dream.

• Like 1

It seems that nowadays, rather than getting unexpected/unwanted "extras" it is much hard to order a new reliable long distance, any road capable cruiser without the "extras".

For example, if I wanted to buy now a 190bhp diesel, 6-spd manual, 16in wheeled SIII with cloth upholstery, rough road package and manual cruise control, the nearest place I can order it from is Ireland. Or pretty much any other country except the UK.

Skoda UK, why do you always think you know better what customers want? :notme:

FWIW the ride quality on 17" wheels is absolutely fantastic, they're 215/55 so big sidewall. No need to go to 16" for ride quality whatsoever but maybe you have other reasons for wanting 16". For me the difference in ride quality compared to the mk.2 on 17"s is the single most striking improvement of the new car. Edited by Stinker

OK, people, here’s one perhaps not many people have discovered. It might not exactly be an ‘extra’ as such, but a bit of added fun, however pointless:

Many will know that the seat position memory is coded to the key, so, as in our case (his and her keys), the seat will automatically move to the correct position depending on which key (driver) approaches the car. But not only that, oh no. The LED strip light around the car will also automatically switch to the colour chosen in conjunction with a particular key.

This was an important service announcement.

I wonder what other settings might do this? – for instance, I have yet to check whether this is true for the preferred DCC setting.

• Like 1

OK, people, here’s one perhaps not many people have discovered. It might not exactly be an ‘extra’ as such, but a bit of added fun, however pointless:

Many will know that the seat position memory is coded to the key, so, as in our case (his and her keys), the seat will automatically move to the correct position depending on which key (driver) approaches the car. But not only that, oh no. The LED strip light around the car will also automatically switch to the colour chosen in conjunction with a particular key.

This was an important service announcement.

I wonder what other settings might do this? – for instance, I have yet to check whether this is true for the preferred DCC setting.

Also.. the mirrors should change too..

On my BMW, it used to also profile the aircon settings, last radio station or memory saved stations.

Also.. the mirrors should change too..

On my BMW, it used to also profile the aircon settings, last radio station or memory saved stations.

My S2 does remembers the radio settings as well. Have not noticed if it works for aircon.

I picked up my SE-L Exec last weekend - other than metallic paint I didn't specify any extras.

I appear to have smart light assist - it definitely dips the full beams when other cars approach, and I have the multi-function camera behind the rear view mirror.

I'm toying with the idea of getting VCDS to see if I can turn on lane assist or TSR... 

I picked up my SE-L Exec last weekend - other than metallic paint I didn't specify any extras.

I appear to have smart light assist - it definitely dips the full beams when other cars approach, and I have the multi-function camera behind the rear view mirror.

I'm toying with the idea of getting VCDS to see if I can turn on lane assist or TSR... 

That seems to be just "light assist". Smart Light Assist dips only a part of the full-beam where the other car is. The rest of the Full Beam stays on.

I'm jealous now :-)

Collected my from dealer last Monday. And I'm really missing HBA.

Also SEL with metallic paint. No other extras.

Does the warning message I get when I'm too close to the car in front (Two cars separated by !) have any practical use in my car? As far as I know I have no assist technology.

The warning is soundless and as far as I can tell has no effect on any system.

I'm wondering now if there are potentially items connected to this warning that could be enabled by VCDS.

Does the warning message I get when I'm too close to the car in front (Two cars separated by !) have any practical use in my car? As far as I know I have no assist technology.

The warning is soundless and as far as I can tell has no effect on any system.

I'm wondering now if there are potentially items connected to this warning that could be enabled by VCDS.

What model do you have? I'd guess if that sign is coming up you have front assist which uses the acc radar to detect the car in front.

On mine (SE business with acc and front assist) If you get too close you get the visual warning, if you get really close you get a visual warning and a "bong" sound and if you get really really close the car brakes.