Rear Seat Cushion

Bit of advice please.  Recently changed from a Fabia MkII to a MarkIII.  In my MkII Elegance, the rear seat cushion was split into 2 and each cushion could be lifted and folded forwards individually.  As far as I can see on the MkIII SEL, the rear seat cushion is in one piece.  Is it possible to lift and fold the cushion forward or is it fixed?  Thanks 

Whilst the rear seat cushions on the estate fold as per the Mk2 (and Mk1), I am not sure that it is true for the hatch.  When the Mk3 first appeared in the showrooms I looked at the Mk3 hatch and noted that the rear cushions on the car in the showroom were fixed.  This was not a problem to me as I was waiting for the estate, but I was surprised by the design and checked with the salesman who confirmed they were fixed.  It seemed to be an oversight by Skoda on the hatch to only allow the rear seat backs to pivot forward as their movement was very limited owing to the fixed cushions, restricting the usefulness as a hatchback.

Whilst the rear seat cushions on the estate fold as per the Mk2 (and Mk1), I am not sure that it is true for the hatch.  When the Mk3 first appeared in the showrooms I looked at the Mk3 hatch and noted that the rear cushions on the car in the showroom were fixed.  This was not a problem to me as I was waiting for the estate, but I was surprised by the design and checked with the salesman who confirmed they were fixed.  It seemed to be an oversight by Skoda on the hatch to only allow the rear seat backs to pivot forward as their movement was very limited owing to the fixed cushions, restricting the usefulness as a hatchback.

Hatch rear seat cushions are not fixed. Slide them forward and then tilt up.

Guest Mikeee324

Hatch rear seat cushions are not fixed. Slide them forward and then tilt up.

I can't seem to slide them forward in my hatch. Tried pulling on a few things and nothing budged. How do you do it?

Had another look at the car.  It was first registered on 1 September 2015 and was new to me at the end of February 2016 with 19 miles on the clock.  The rear seat backs are split 60/40 but the cushion is in one piece (it is not split 60/40).  I have tried lifting the cushion at the front but it seems fixed.  I don't want to force it given the car is still new (to me).  The August 2015 brochure says nothing about the rear seats nor does it list the standard features for the various Fabia models.  So all in all, I'm totally confused as some owners seem to have the split rear cushion and some don't.  Can anyone throw any more light on this please?

Had another look at the car.  It was first registered on 1 September 2015 and was new to me at the end of February 2016 with 19 miles on the clock.  The rear seat backs are split 60/40 but the cushion is in one piece (it is not split 60/40).  I have tried lifting the cushion at the front but it seems fixed.  I don't want to force it given the car is still new (to me).  The August 2015 brochure says nothing about the rear seats nor does it list the standard features for the various Fabia models.  So all in all, I'm totally confused as some owners seem to have the split rear cushion and some don't.  Can anyone throw any more light on this please?

Pages 74 @ 75 of the UK Owners Manual show how ro do it. It references cars with split rear seats. My Hatch has split seat backs but one-piece cushion. Having tried to follow the instructions I cannot get the front of the cushion to lift and detach...first time I have actually tried it...so apologies for my earlier post. Not a big deal, but just want it clarifying. I feel a dealer visit coming on. There are times when the Owners Manual is ever so slightly infuriating. Or maybe it's just age thing.

Guest Mikeee324

Just checked the manual and it says "Applies to Fabia Estate" under the heading for the rear seat. So you must not be able to do it in the hatch.

Check out this video at 4:20

Yep.....fixed rear seat base. Ah well. Don't miss what you've never had, I guess.

Thanks to all for clearing this up.  Along with the loss of one touch electric windows and a now only a single fixed rear seat base, I can't help thinking that Skoda have gone backwards somewhat with these aspects of the MarkIII.  Still like the car very much though particularly the DSG gearbox.  And still finding how the various electronic aids work - have just about mastered the speed limiter.

• 1 month later...

I had an issue, one of the ISO fix plastic clips were not sitting over the metal holder . The rear seat cushion can easily be lifted out .

1 just jerk lift upwards the front corner on both sides

2 then push the whole cushion backwards half inch to release the rear cushion holders

3 lift the cushion a little and remove cushion forward and lift out.

When replacing the cushion be sure to engage all the clips and ISO fix plastic covers

I had an issue, one of the ISO fix plastic clips were not sitting over the metal holder . The rear seat cushion can easily be lifted out .

1 just jerk lift upwards the front corner on both sides

2 then push the whole cushion backwards half inch to release the rear cushion holders

3 lift the cushion a little and remove cushion forward and lift out.

When replacing the cushion be sure to engage all the clips and ISO fix plastic covers

We shouldn't have to do that,it's fiddly,and doesn't it weaken the fixings over time?

And I miss the one touch electric windows too.

I'm not convinced that the build quality is quite as good on this model? stand to be corrected.

Edited by RickW
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Here it is !

I spend 10 hours to find this.It is for fabia MK3 (not some other vehicle).

You need to use force to rip the seat from the plastic latches.

These latches are not reusable.They will break.You need to replace them.

Seat fabia 3.png