Metallic clunking/knocking from rear?

Right firstly, I've just recently had front track rods/ends and rear arms, so nothing to do with them...

When driving in bumpy/rough roads or slight pot holes I've got a loud clunking noise from the rear, almost as though something is loose? This can happen at speed or slow driving. I've checked new arms and drop links and all seems fairly solid, so is there anything you could suggest?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Possibly Spring broken or damper. Just had two new front tyres and tracking done. I've also started to get an intermittent knocking, but on the front end. Everything looks okay and the springs look okay. Any ideas before I Bing it back into the garage that did the tyres etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything knocking on the RARB? Mine on the Astra VXR wasn't quite perfectly installed so when I went over humps and bumps, it would knock on the suspension.  Have you been able to get under it and inspect it for any loose parts? The drop links should have no vertical or lateral play in them - they should twist on the ball joints, but that's it.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, definitely not the springs or exhaust/bracket related. Checked the drop links and rarb and seems stiff, no play in them at all.

Going to have a good look this weekend, I'm going to inspect the bushes and top mounts first then go from there.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, definitely not the springs or exhaust/bracket related. Checked the drop links and rarb and seems stiff, no play in them at all.

Going to have a good look this weekend, I'm going to inspect the bushes and top mounts first then go from there.

Please let us know :)  Maybe if they don't visibly show wear, give them a good blast with WD40, especially with the crap on the roads from all the grit.

If it's more than just a clunk, and it metallic like you say, then I'd predict it probably is a knackered bushing etc. as you suspect.

Edited by planehazza