Exhausts

1 hour ago, CTRob said:

Would I be right in saying the 280 exhaust tips are the same as the Audi A6 tips like the pic above only on the 280 they protrude slightly instead of fitting flush with the bumper?

I am not sure yet. I will collecting my TSI220 on week 10 and then I'll be looking to see what tips do actually fit.

The plan is to get the lower bumper panel from the TSI280, so, new part ordering and fitting to the car and then, based on that actually on the car will search for tips to fit. And there is the cutting of the downwards oriented pipes and welding of new ones in a "straight" position towards the tips.

These original ones from Octavia RS do seem promising:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-original-Skoda-chrome-exhaust-tip-RIGHT

Edited by Norian

Correct. Shipping is 60 EUR more, so at the end it will be 810 EUR.

Next step is to connect the flaps to the engine control unit - will do it later and if those new exhaust will be more louder than mine.

There is one more thing - diameter of the connecting pipes in 280 exhaust are 55mm, but in 220 it is 50mm. So the assemby will be easier for welding, because there will be pipe inside pipe. The gap will be c.a 0,8 mm/side - and this to be filled by welding.

I will post the pictures, when done.

• Like 1

@Enriquez: how much was the lower part of the rear bumper from the TSI280 (that one with the parking sensors) ? That's needed to allow the tips of the exhausts to exit from the bumper

I'm guessing aprox 100Eur ? 

Zero. You need to cut-off the holes yourself. It is soft plastic. Inside there are visible track where to cut. 

I wilk attach puctures later.

New spoiler comes from factory uncut. So, if you have trailer then you need to cut off this as well. 

Edited by Enriquez
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Enriquez said:

Zero. You need to cut-off the holes yourself. It is soft plastic. Inside there are visible track where to cut. 

New spoiler comes from factory uncut. So, if you have trailer then you need to cut off this as well. 

You can get it with the cuts in place. Skoda sells 3 different ones. One with no cuts, one with one cut and one with both cuts (for the 280)

On 2/21/2017 at 12:09, Norian said:

Do you have some partnumber for the A6 tips ? Or any suggestion on purchase them ?

24cm width

Audi A6;A7 Exhaust Tips
Italy MEX
4G0 253 825 N
4G0 253 825 P

??cm width

4G0 253 825 K
4G0 253 825 J

180-400€ www.ebay.?? .de ?? .co.uk

On 2/21/2017 at 15:10, Gizmo68 said:

The A6 tips are a different shape to the S3 diffuser, so will not look as neat as on the photo above.

yes, seems You are right! not awful, but far from perfect

Audi A6;A7 Tips (24cm):

000000_Superb_back_A6.png

AMG Tips (29cm):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rear-Exhaust-Tips-Muffler-Tip-Fit-For-Benz-E-Class-S-Class-W222-W212-W204-13UP/32272016581.html

000000_Superb_back_AMG.png

not decided yet :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartiniB said:

not decided yet :)

It is strange that the 220 tsi doesn't come with visible Exhaust's, Im buying a diffuser off another member in here but i collect my car latter part of march, I noticed the range rover sport, you can get some exhaust tips with hole underneath but still stick out back, interesting idea, i will be doing something but same as you MartiniB i am unsure what to do.

I just like a nice set of exhausts showing and don't want to spend a fortune.  so new diffuser and exhaust tips, been looking at the pic of some tips and maybe modifying.

see pics :-)

in the pic you see the exhaust tips you can get for a range rover, wouldn't want this but its an idea for a different exhaust but with holes in bottom. or is it a bit naff???

other pic of black exhaust tips i wondered if there was a way to make hole in bottom and make the car look a bit more sporty at back??

lol

God knows

151644-range-rover-sport-td-v6-v8-exhaust-tips-(5).jpg

exhaust tips.jpg

Edited by flogdnaloop

On 24.02.2017 at 16:06, Enriquez said:

Great news, thanks a lot ! Really glad it is marked where to cut, so it's a nice DYI job - look forward to that.

Look forward to your pictures

• 2 weeks later...

No I mean the actual operation. When I blip the throttle you can hear mine opening and closing Enriquez just open and close when he starts the engine. When he revs the engine nothing happens. It doesn't take much of a blip of the throttle for them to activate on mine. The click is the flaps in operation.

• Like 1

Maybe my engine cntrol unit has different flaps prgram in it, I notice a more quiet at normal criusing speed (200 km/h).

However, note I have 313 HP and 419 Nm,... and this is not the last stage of development...

• Like 1

Just checked my 280 (appx. 350 PS - 450 Nm). Same result as Nick. Engine turned on and running at idle and the flaps remain open. Blip the throttle and the flaps close, opening again as revs reduce back to idle.

@Enriquez - if not already done so you may need to use VCDS or similar to change the setting to indicate the flaps are fitted.

• Like 1