how much oil does your 1.8t use?

just had to top up for the first time since owning the car , has dropped from max of hatch to half way down in about 3,000 miles... didn't take mutch to top up, maybe 150-200mls ?

is that ok (its less than my last car , twincharger) .. seems ok to me.

how much does yours use? (or comment if you know about 1.8t's :) )

Bought mine 5 years ago at 80k, with a really nice service history. Got a stage-1 Revo with a PiperX panel filter and Forge 007 re-circ done as son as I bought her. She was really strong after this was done, and is still the same now at 160k.

My oil change regime, for better or worse (but that's what I do after lots of experience of road cars and race engines, and contact with oil company reps - so don't villify me!) is to change the oil every 10k miles with Mobil 1, and also use a genuine filter at the same time each time. The sump pan has never been off, so it's still running the original mesh pickup pipe. Never had any oil lights on the dash or hints of low oil pressure.

She used what I'd call a 'negligable' amount between oil changes at first, up to around the 100k mark - then has started to sip a wee bit more each year since.

As it stands now, as a 15-year-old car with 160k on the clock, she uses about 2 litres over the 10k mile span between changes - perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Driving is thus: started and driven almost immediately when cold, but very carefully - e.g. no high load on a cold engine. But then once warm, used properly :) then once at destination, cooled for 2 minutes before shut down.

Still as strong as ever!

• Like 1

Bought mine 5 years ago at 80k, with a really nice service history. Got a stage-1 Revo with a PiperX panel filter and Forge 007 re-circ done as son as I bought her. She was really strong after this was done, and is still the same now at 160k.

My oil change regime, for better or worse (but that's what I do after lots of experience of road cars and race engines, and contact with oil company reps - so don't villify me!) is to change the oil every 10k miles with Mobil 1, and also use a genuine filter at the same time each time. The sump pan has never been off, so it's still running the original mesh pickup pipe. Never had any oil lights on the dash or hints of low oil pressure.

She used what I'd call a 'negligable' amount between oil changes at first, up to around the 100k mark - then has started to sip a wee bit more each year since.

As it stands now, as a 15-year-old car with 160k on the clock, she uses about 2 litres over the 10k mile span between changes - perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Driving is thus: started and driven almost immediately when cold, but very carefully - e.g. no high load on a cold engine. But then once warm, used properly :) then once at destination, cooled for 2 minutes before shut down.

Still as strong as ever!

sounds good. Mine is 15 y/o this year , with 155,000 miles on so I'm happy with that :)

None at all............owned from new with 202K miles now on the clock. Same turbo, clutch and no work to engine. On variable servicing so tends to go 20K miles before a service and oil level never moves!

• Like 1

If I had a car going as well as that I'd just keep and just run it into the ground. Would even consider most expensive repairs to keep it going (clutch, transmission, turbo etc). Think I'd draw the line at a head rebuild or something, but would probably even do that in the end. Better the devil you know in those circumstances. Any repair that you do have to do is more peace of mind for thousands more miles.

I think I'd be a bit concerned with using 2.5l of oil over 10000 km though, I'm no mechanic but that sounds like a lot to me.

None at all............owned from new with 202K miles now on the clock. Same turbo, clutch and no work to engine. On variable servicing so tends to go 20K miles before a service and oil level never moves!

yay , more miles than mine :) looking good :)