Mirror Dip

According to my local dealer, passenger mirror dip when reversing isn't available on the Octy.

Is it standard on any model or is it a 'hidden' feature that can only be activated with VCDS?

I need this back in my life!!

As far as I've read on here it can be enabled but I'm confused about if it works correctly. From what I understand it will dip but won't come back. This is apparently because of a lack of memory seats or mirrors but I think this is horse **** as my Leon didn't have either and still managed to dip and return.

I hope someone can clear that up because I'm missing that feature already!!

• Like 1

I read somewhere on here (that I now can't find) that the mirror doesn't dip as far without electric seats but still dips.

• Like 1

I have it on mine from the factory.

You need electric memory seats for it to be a factory option, as well as memory mirrors.

It can be enabled on other models but it only dips a fixed amount and doesn't return 100% to the original position.

I understand you know what you are doing but I don't understand why it's different between the Leon and the octavia! Same computer, same mirrors no memory stuff.

How bad is the performance Andy? Is it worth getting done?

It works adequately without the memory seats, dips down far enough and returns well enough. You may just have to manually tweak the resting position on the odd occasion. I find I do that every couple of weeks or so. I would rather have this working than not as it makes reversing much easier. Mine was enabled by VCDS.

• Like 1

There are few conditions that must be met in order to make it work: the electrical mirror and seat position must be saved on the seat memory if you have one (and mirror / seat must not eb adjusted afterwards), the mirror adjuster knob must be set to passenger side ("R" in my case) and then hit the reverse...maybe in UK you should try bot L and R settings.

You probably haven't saved the dipping position yet. Set the mirror adjust knob to the passenger side, put the car in reverse, adjust the mirror to your preference and then... if I remember correctly, that's it.

• Like 1

I have an option visible in the maxidot that I've ticked but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have elec memory seats btw.

Check my above post. You must enable it, set the position, save the memory and finally keep the mirror knob in L or R (whatever you passenger side is).

• Like 1

It works adequately without the memory seats, dips down far enough and returns well enough. You may just have to manually tweak the resting position on the odd occasion. I find I do that every couple of weeks or so. I would rather have this working than not as it makes reversing much easier. Mine was enabled by VCDS.

I usually had to readjust my mirror after 5-10 reversing or so, finally disabled it.

(Enabled with VCDS, no memory seats.)

• 6 months later...

Just a question about that, I activated this option yesterday with the VCDS (no memory seats in my car), and the passenger mirror only dips from 1cm or 2 (which is totally insufficient). Is there a way to modify the amount the mirror dips or not really? 

Thanks in advance..

Just a question about that, I activated this option yesterday with the VCDS (no memory seats in my car), and the passenger mirror only dips from 1cm or 2 (which is totally insufficient). Is there a way to modify the amount the mirror dips or not really?

Thanks in advance..

AFAIK you'd need to fit the more advanced door mirror motor and controller to get full control over the dipping.