tiny blackdots in paintwork

hi

ive just had my octy 1.6tdi (nov 2013) back from dealers after service and noticed after they had valeted it that there are tiny microscopic black dots in the rear quarter and rear door only, i have tried googling this issue and it seems like it can happen after a cheap respray job, is it possible lookers skoda (manchester) have sold me a damaged repaired car (didnt show on hpi report) or is this normal, i never really noticed it before even when ive waxed it a couple of times a year....thanks

hi

ive just had my octy 1.6tdi (nov 2013) back from dealers after service and noticed after they had valeted it that there are tiny microscopic black dots in the rear quarter and rear door only, i have tried googling this issue and it seems like it can happen after a cheap respray job, is it possible lookers skoda (manchester) have sold me a damaged repaired car (didnt show on hpi report) or is this normal, i never really noticed it before even when ive waxed it a couple of times a year....thanks

Get hold of a paint thickness gauge, might give you an Idea if the paint in that area is a lot thicker than the other side of the car , in the same place

Is it pinholes in the surface, caused by bad filler:

12368176680.jpg

Or black dots from fallout, iron particles, tar or maybe black spray paint?

Img_0387.jpg?t=1204911256

glosrich, its more like the second pic but really tiny, barely noticeable. ill try to T cut them out see if that makes a difference

thanks for the replies

glosrich, its more like the second pic but really tiny, barely noticeable. ill try to T cut them out see if that makes a difference

thanks for the replies

Probably preferable to try a fallout remover or chemical tar remover (if clay bar or mitt not available) as suggested above before getting the t cut on the case, i'm not an expert but t cut potentially seems a tad harsh before trying these that should only affect your wax/polish/LSP rather than the paint itself.

Edited by Exeterj

Yes t-cut is a bit harsh although one gentle application shouldn't destroy your paint so don't worry if that's all you have.  I'd suggest a tar remover first though or white spirit if you have it and no tar remover.  If it's fall out then iron-x will dissolve it but a bottle costs about £20.  A clay mitt like the farecla g3 would be less, and you can use super soapy water as the lube.   What ever you do will remove any wax or sealant so think about reapplying that after it you want to protect the paint from future damage.