Car seat space

Hi all, Im looking for a new car and was wondering how roomy the octavias are in the back? Currently have a 2yr old and a 1week old so both in car seats which at the moment is a squeeze behind my drivers seat. Im 6ft3 and currently drive a Leon FR which just isnt big enough.

TIA - Ty

At that age my mark2 is large enough. As they tend to have legs pointing towards the seats as opposed to the ground, as they grow you do get some kicking in the back. The Octavia is generous compared to say our golf mk5 and way more than a fabia mk1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6ft 2, and have to have the seat all the way back in many cars - not the Octavia though, which is a couple of inches forward from the most rearward position. I have a 3 and 6 year old in the back of mine with no complaints. Not sure if it will be much different from the Leon though, isn't it the same or similar floor pan?

Leon boots are tiny though - the Octavia will be a nice change :)

I'm 6ft 2, and have to have the seat all the way back in many cars - not the Octavia though, which is a couple of inches forward from the most rearward position. I have a 3 and 6 year old in the back of mine with no complaints. Not sure if it will be much different from the Leon though, isn't it the same or similar floor pan?

Leon boots are tiny though - the Octavia will be a nice change :)

Exactly this. I'm 6ft 2 and my kids are same age. For short journeys I can even get my 6 year old in the middle and get another adult in the back too. For this reason alone was what led me to the Octavia in the first place. Edited by Mikek3111

I find the octavia is the ideal family transport, there is usually a 3 year old in a car seat, a 10 year old and a 14 year old squabbling among themselves in the back of ours. My preference is the estate over hatchback, but there's nothing like a test drive to answer any doubts.

Thanks for the replys. A few days of car shopping needed next week. I am swaying for the vrs estate now, I may even push the boat out and go brand new for once.

Torn between 3 cars here, I guess opinions may be biased on here but out of these 3 what would you pick.

Octavia Estate (likely vrs)

Insignia Estate

Mazda 6 sport estate

Thanks for the replys. A few days of car shopping needed next week. I am swaying for the vrs estate now, I may even push the boat out and go brand new for once.

Torn between 3 cars here, I guess opinions may be biased on here but out of these 3 what would you pick.

Octavia Estate (likely vrs)

Insignia Estate

Mazda 6 sport estate

6 and Insignia will win on design (my opinion) but overall practicality and space go to Octavia. My daughter is also 2 years (and 2 months) old and I can't imagine to be in smaller car now. We had fabia vrs before and it was ok(ish) when she was in rear facing car seat but my missus was tired of taking the pram apart to fit it into the boot that I decided to get Octavia estate instead. And I'm sure we would struggle with space now anyway. If I had the money I'd go with Superb II though.

The 6 sport is a really nice looking estate, as is the insignia sport tourer. In terms of value, you certainly get more for your money with these two.

With just the 2yr old the Leon has served me well, but with 2 car seats and the extra buggy board and carry cot in the boot it leave no room for shopping/bags/coats etc...

I guess It's now down to what is close and available over the next week when i need to buy one.

• Like 1

Should be no problem I have a 2 year old in a forward facing a 9 month old in a rear facing and a 5 year old on a booster seat without problem.

Go round to a show room and try it out I am sure they will oblige if you ask and they think it could become a sale.

For what it's worth I've just changed from a mk2 octavia vrs estate to a mk3 octavia scout and there seems to be a noticeable amount of extra legroom for front and rear passengers in the mk3. It might only be a cm or two but it makes a difference.

I've got a 2012 VRS estate and a two and a half year old son who is really tall for his age. There's plenty of room in the back seats.

• 4 weeks later...

Had considered the Mazda 6 Estate, Superb and A4 Avant but the Octavia came out on top yet again and that was after much deliberation.

Taking delivery(in couple of weeks) of what will be my 3rd Octavia VRS Estate in 6 years but in DSG form this time.

Good luck on your purchase!

• Like 1

I've got Mk2 06 Ambience theres loads of room hubby is 6ft 2, i'm 5ft7 & with a 3yr old front facing & a newborn rear facing theres still loads of room for everybodies legs. Plus may i say that the boot space is phenomonal too can fit the pushchair & a full shop in easily cannot wait to load it up for holidays so much better than the previous 03 Fiat Punto we've had for last 2 years

I've had three Mk2 Octavia hatchbacks in the 8 years since my son was born and have yet to find a problem with space. He's getting quite tall now but still has ample legroom in the back and as mentioned by others previously, the cavernous boot on the hatch is amazingly generous so the load space in the estate is even more practical.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.