Skoda Fabia vRS/Monte - Drift/Pull To The Left Issue

Hi all, I do not believe this to be a tyre or tracking problem, I believe the pulling is either being caused by the braking system or differential. As these 2 components are sometimes electronically controlled I fear a real tech can possibly help, do Vrs's have the XDS system ? As this system causes the car to automatically brake on one side when needed.

It does seem strange that tyres could be a issue but

Problem Now Solved

Replaced Tyres with Uniroyal Rainsport 3's (These are not directional tyres like the Dunlops)

PSI 32 all round

The car now want to go with the camber if the road           

I've had the tracking checked at to independent garages also & it's spot on

Edited by A9X SJ

• 1 month later...

Just to help others in the same situation, here's my history:

• Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6TDI September 2013 plate with Continental SportContact 2 205/40Z R17 tyres
  • From new it pulled to the left slightly and was only noticeable on motorways, etc. It didn't bother me that much as I tend to stick to the twisties
  • During first service, I got them to check the tracking - no difference
  • Once the fronts were worn, I replaced them with Dunlop Sport Maxx - couldn't really tell the difference
  • Recently, I've been commuting along the motorway and it's been driving me nuts
  • The other week I complained again to my local dealer, highlighting this thread and others, while it was in for its 3 year service (27,000 miles). They checked the tracking, made a minor tweak and adjusted the steering wheel position - no difference but now the steering wheel was offset so in essence it was worse (cosmetic).
  • I complained and took it in again today only this time they gave it the full tracking treatment and swapped the front for the rear i.e. Continentals back on the front and Dunlops on the rear

The result? Perfection! I can't say which was the culprit but I suspect it was a combination of both the tracking and the tyres as it pulled when the original Conti's where on the front and it has always felt vague when pushed in the corners - now it feels planted, well, as planted as a stock car can be.

The only downside is that I now have to actually apply force to the steering wheel to go round left hand bends :-(