SE L, July 2015

Llanigraham

Trying to sort out a few things as it looks like we are buying an ex-Skoda management car.

What "radio" is fitted and does it have an SD slot?

Does it have HID lights?

Do they all come with leather?

And I've also probably bought a kit car!!

Hi Llanigraham,

As far as I can tell it should come with an upgraded Bolero (how upgraded I don't know) no CD player but two card slots, sd and mmc.

Should also have HID s and leather but may not have turning fogs.

That should, like mine, be one of the early 2016MY cars.

If so, as Cumbrian says, but in addition has the Bi-Xenon lights with cornering facility and the fog lights for cornering at low speed. Lights are really good.

And heated/folding mirrors - good spec. overall.

post-118346-0-63209700-1459933523_thumb.jpg

Trying to sort out a few things as it looks like we are buying an ex-Skoda management car.

What "radio" is fitted and does it have an SD slot?

Does it have HID lights?

Do they all come with leather?

And I've also probably bought a kit car!!

Same spec as my May 2015 Elegance (apart from the Euro VI Engine) so:

Bolero has a 6.5" colour display with single SD slot, in the head unit plus iPod enabled USB and 3.5mm Jack below. No CD slot and voice button on head unit is redundant. Bluetooth streaming and can handle two phones simultaneously. Screen no longer displays heater controls.

HID lights that move as you steer and adjust focal length according to speed. Also fog lights act as cornering lights.

They don't all come with leather - Alcantara is a no cost option so some have this instead. My Dealer suggested alcantara whilst very plush is compromised, particularly for a hard working car and advised me against. Apparently, if you open the door when the car is wet, the drips on the seat can leave stains. The leather is on the seat facing only - the rest is pvc, not that that particularly bothers me.

They don't all come with leather - Alcantara is a no cost option so some have this instead. My Dealer suggested alcantara whilst very plush is compromised, particularly for a hard working car and advised me against. Apparently, if you open the door when the car is wet, the drips on the seat can leave stains.

Negatory.  Mine has been used quite vigorously since new and has suffered the open-door-water-deluge many times; despite that and the attention of two kids the Alcantara is in great shape - probably better than leather would be as it has hardly creased and has not sagged at all.

Negatory. Mine has been used quite vigorously since new and has suffered the open-door-water-deluge many times; despite that and the attention of two kids the Alcantara is in great shape - probably better than leather would be as it has hardly creased and has not sagged at all.

I must confess, it surprised me, as a friend has a 10 year old Audi with alcantara and kids - his car is very much a workhorse and the alcantara has stood up well. I've really only relayed the words of the salesman so your real life experience is far more valuable to Graham.

• Like 1

Deposit just paid!!

White metallic with a black roof.

12 months VED

RRP

SD card sat nav

DAB radio

They are throwing in a spare wheel but I will need to get a tow bar fitted myself.

And it is KU 65 ***

WHITE? With your proclivity for mud wallowing!  :giggle:

Glad you didn't have to pay extra for DAB as I doubt it will work until you get into flat country.

Fred 

• Like 1

Been a bit of a mad afternoon, because I have also bought this!!

light%20blue%20lakes%20224-6_zpsbnbitc25

There are no pockets in shrouds!!

WTF is that! at first glance it looked almost lotus7'ish.but......

Is that Citroen 2CV stuff in front of the front wheels.

WTF is that! at first glance it looked almost lotus7'ish.but......

Is that Citroen 2CV stuff in front of the front wheels.

It is a Lomax 224.

Based on a 2CV chassis with the original body unbolted and that one put in it's place.

• Like 1

Looks a lot more interesting than a 2CV, result!!

How does it go?

Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put :devil: :devil: :devil:

With probably more smiles than driving a Yeti :sun:

• Like 3

It is a Lomax 224.

Based on a 2CV chassis with the original body unbolted and that one put in it's place.

Will this be for trail use or just road? Blue Hills/Lands End Trial - Easter 2017?

Is the new Yeti a 110 or 150 BHP?

Deposit just paid!!

White metallic with a black roof.

12 months VED

RRP

SD card sat nav

DAB radio

They are throwing in a spare wheel but I will need to get a tow bar fitted myself.

And it is KU 65 ***

Sounds a very similar spec to my SE Business, everything you need with non of what you don't, is it a 4x4? guessing it would be.

Will this be for trail use or just road? Blue Hills/Lands End Trial - Easter 2017?

Is the new Yeti a 110 or 150 BHP?

Lomax will be for road use, although i might just turn up at a rally with it (for fun!)

The CSMA has an active Classic Car Group that do runs and I shall go out with them, plus there is a local Club as well.

Sounds a very similar spec to my SE Business, everything you need with non of what you don't, is it a 4x4? guessing it would be.

It's an 150 SE L 4x4, first registered 1/9/15.

Spec is better than I wanted but we are happy with it.

Bri,  :notme:

Edited by Llanigraham
  • Like 2