Carista

Guys I need help again! I know I've got the "other" badge but please help me lol. I've downloaded Carista and bought an obd Bluetooth tool, now it works fine on the fault reading part of the app and has allowed me to clear a code on my infotainment system but every time I try and load the customise part of the app when it eventually loads it says "unlock all doors" are all your doors unlocked?, they are all unlocked but it just refuses to accept that they are and it doesn't let me go any further, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?, thanks all

Hmmm - I've not come across this - do you mean enabling the option to unlock all doors with a single key press?

Have never had a pop-up asking to make sure all doors are unlocked before enabling?

Very occasionally it can take two or three goes before a change actually saves, but it is rare.

Are you using the Android or iOS version of the app? Also, what Bluetooth OBD2 widget are you using?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Hmmm - I've not come across this - do you mean enabling the option to unlock all doors with a single key press?

Have never had a pop-up asking to make sure all doors are unlocked before enabling?

Very occasionally it can take two or three goes before a change actually saves, but it is rare.

Are you using the Android or iOS version of the app? Also, what Bluetooth OBD2 widget are you using?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

No it won't even physically let me into the customise part of the app, when I click on it I get the loading screen and when it gets to 100% it just says the bit about my doors being locked and it's just a generic elm327 adapter off of eBay but I'm thinking it's not the tool because like I said it woks on the fault reading part of the app.

No it won't even physically let me into the customise part of the app, when I click on it I get the loading screen and when it gets to 100% it just says the bit about my doors being locked and it's just a generic elm327 adapter off of eBay but I'm thinking it's not the tool because like I said it woks on the fault reading part of the app.

No, don't assume that. The fault reading is part of the OBD specification and would be working with any OBD adaptor and any app.

The special thing about Carista is that it can perform some VCDS-like features utilizing a common ELM327 chip over BT. But not just ANY ELM327 chip. You need a ELM327 adapter with firmware version greater than 1.4, else the special CAN commands needed by Carista for coding will not be available. Check their website for more information.

No, don't assume that. The fault reading is part of the OBD specification and would be working with any OBD adaptor and any app.

The special thing about Carista is that it can perform some VCDS-like features utilizing a common ELM327 chip over BT. But not just ANY ELM327 chip. You need a ELM327 adapter with firmware version greater than 1.4, else the special CAN commands needed by Carista for coding will not be available. Check their website for more information.

My apologies I wasn't very clear, it is a generic eBay one in as far as its not Carista's own but it does meet the system requirements for Carista. I've just locked my doors on the logic that if its thinking that they're locked when they're open that it will work when the opposite is true and it did to a certain extent, it opened the customise menu and there was one field available for instruments but it refused to let me change any settings lol, I guess I'm just unlucky and I'm not going to be able to tweet what I wanted.

My apologies I wasn't very clear, it is a generic eBay one in as far as its not Carista's own but it does meet the system requirements for Carista. I've just locked my doors on the logic that if its thinking that they're locked when they're open that it will work when the opposite is true and it did to a certain extent, it opened the customise menu and there was one field available for instruments but it refused to let me change any settings lol, I guess I'm just unlucky and I'm not going to be able to tweet what I wanted.

So my guess now is that Carista supports your adapter, but not your Body Control Module. What Model Year is your car?

So my guess now is that Carista supports your adapter, but not your Body Control Module. What Model Year is your car?

It is a 65 plate my16, I'm now thinking the same, when I clicked into the 1 category it had it was showing settings that weren't true, for example it had my language down as German when it obviously isn't.

Edited by Jhutch

It is a 65 plate, I'm now thinking the same, when I clicked into the 1 category it had it was showing settings that weren't true, for example it had my language down as German when it obviously isn't.

If my UK jargon knowledge is adequate, a 65 plate means model year 16, i.e. post FL. I've never seen an Instruments menu on my MY15 Maxidot so it is possible that the Instrument Cluster or BCM on a newer car isn't supported by Carista.

do you have the new seat media plus?

most of the Carista "mods" are all ready in your "vehicle" menu on MY16 cars.

I struggled with cheap OBD readers too.

v1.5 and v2.1 appear to be cheap Chinese ones thar are no good.

I bought the one off Carista website in the end.

Edited by camelspyyder

I believe it is mate yes, I have changed things like auto locking when in motion and unlocking all the doors via 1 press and alarm chirps, I just wanted tear drop wiping and coming home lights, nothing major but it's the little things in life lol

• 2 months later...

I believe it is mate yes, I have changed things like auto locking when in motion and unlocking all the doors via 1 press and alarm chirps, I just wanted tear drop wiping and coming home lights, nothing major but it's the little things in life lol

Hey bud , Carista is unable to access MY16 at the moment, i tried the same myself with my pals rapid and got the same error, if you open the app ,select the menu option, select support cars and youll see rapids anlong with superb ,octavias after 2015 are not supported, but they are working on it.

Mate the 2016 model has a menu in the media system where you can set 95% of the settings that Carista does on the pre MY16 cars.

You've ordered a new one so you should be able to do it all on the new AMUNDSEN.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 2

Mate the 2016 model has a menu in the media system where you can set 95% of the settings that Carista does on the pre MY16 cars.

You've ordered a new one so you should be able to do it all on the new AMUNDSEN.

What? i had no idea, would be the likes of the hill hold assist that i will be trying to activate, i guess that'll be carista only though.

shame.

thanks for the heads up though.

I did ask the Carista guys about adding the Hill Hold assist stuff to the app (even sent them the VCDA info for it). They said they were looking into it but that was a long time ago now, and doesn't look like they've made any progress on it alas.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm desperate to get hill hold assist OFF my 2016 Rapid.
HHA, auto stop-start and the DSG seem to be engaged in a three-way civil war. It's not pretty and it's not necessary!

Explain please? What is the actual problem you are having? Can't see an issue where those three features would interfere with each other. They should by their very nature play just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Explain please? What is the actual problem you are having? Can't see an issue where those three features would interfere with each other. They should by their very nature play just fine.

Hill Hold Assist drags the car forward so hard that the securing brake can barely keep the car still at all. Ridiculous. This behaviour must surely produce unnecessary wear and tear on clutch and brake elements.

HHA can be very slow to release the car and the DSG very slow to engage a clutch. If even a little gas is set just a moment too soon then the departure is very jerky indeed.

Auto Stop-start: I'm very sceptical that this is a good idea in principle anyway. Further, holding a car stationary on the footbrake is a no-no. If it would stay stopped in neutral, that would at least be a saving grace, but to keep it stopped requires Park and I do not like flashing the reversing lamps at the vehicle behind as I move between Drive and Park. I also do not want to have to press the brake pedal in order to move the gear selector, for similar reasons.

A smooth braking profile, stopping the car on a rising pedal, prevents the engine from stopping anyway: it requires a particularly heavy foot on the footbrake to keep it stopped.

When moving off, I want to a) not use the footbrake at all;

B) cover the gas pedal;

c) move from Neutral to Drive;

d) lift the securing brake lever, depress the button and hold the lever up;

e) wait for the exact moment;

f) lower the securing brake lever and allow the car smoothly to move off.

HHA, DSG and Auto-Stop-Start conspire to make this pretty much impossible.

Interested to read your responses and advice.

Edited by AutoScholar

With VCDS you can disable both HHA and Start-Stop functions.

Unfortunately DSG is a hardware feature and can't be disable with software  :D

True, dat! With any luck, someone can help me kill HHA at the Festival.

What engine do you have?

I can't say I've noticed the issues you mentioned in my 1.4 tdi.

I would think if you disable hill hold, you will have to try to catch it with the clutch to stop it rolling back. I'm sure this would wear the clutch over time?