19" Rims - PCD and Offset

You might have "speculated", but the FACT is that 8.5x19 ET45 with 225/35/19 WILL fit. ;-)

Adding a smily doesn't entitle you to behave like an ass.

Also, that tire size is completely wrong for this wheel profile and I doubt that is ET45.

The Thomason wheels I tried, which are concave, would never fit the rear arch without modifications.

Sorry if you felt I was behaving like an ass - that wasn't my intention. 

It's okay for you to doubt that the wheel is ET45 - But they are.

As for the tires size, I don see  why it should be "completely wrong"

Take a look a the comparison below: 

25876711453_694c6e7154_h.jpg

Rolling circumference difference between the two setups are: +0.5 %

Speedometer difference between the two setups are: -0.5 %

http://www.tire-size-calculator.info/index.html?&1tw=225&1ar=40&1dia=18&1ww=7.5&1off=51&2tw=225&2ar=35&2dia=19&2ww=8.5&2off=45

The fact that the wheels are concave - or convex for that matter - has nothing to to with the wheel fitting unless you are ultra low. The offset, wheel width and tires are the determining factors.   

Again I'm not trying to start a fight here. 

Of course you are not :)

Adding a smily doesn't entitle you to behave like an ass.

Might be time to take your own advice. Edited by AUSKOUT

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread but I thought I would make it clear that a 245/35 tyre on a 19x8.5 ET45 wheel does fit the Octavia Mk3 2.0 TSI... I just put this exact setup on mine today using VMR 710s... Albeit you would be better off using a ET40 offset however the VMR wheels dont come in that either ET35 or 45 for PCD 5x112. It is close however - only 3-4mm clearance to the rear strut. But I am running Michelin PSS which are wider than normal tyre.

1 hour ago, hally83 said:

Sorry to revive this thread but I thought I would make it clear that a 245/35 tyre on a 19x8.5 ET45 wheel does fit the Octavia Mk3 2.0 TSI... I just put this exact setup on mine today using VMR 710s... Albeit you would be better off using a ET40 offset however the VMR wheels dont come in that either ET35 or 45 for PCD 5x112. It is close however - only 3-4mm clearance to the rear strut. But I am running Michelin PSS which are wider than normal tyre.

Can you make some pics? Would be cool to see the clearances of the front wheels on both sides at full lock, from top over the fenders and from the rear suspension inside (clearance to the strut)

Certain sizes and ETs are more common on the other VAG platforms, namely Audi and VW, so I have always wondering why or if there are any differences on Skoda...

---edit---

Jeezuzz... and re-reading my previous comments on this thread, I am wondering what the hell was I reading. Not sure how I could have misread the tire sizes mentioned by Oxboll so badly. Most likely I read it with some "rage" goggles and misread the whole thing.

...either way, and for future reference, would be nice to see pics of the 245 wheels.

Also, please mention if your car is lowered or not so that people can refer to it when they are searching or deciding on what to choose

Edited by Jaco2k
Commenting my previous remarks on this thread

5 hours ago, hally83 said:

pics?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

found this topic to be the closest to an answer for me.

my situation:

i've ordered audi S5 hollow spokes 19x8.5J et43 wheels. The OE tyre size used by audi Is 255/35 but I'm thinking of running 245/35 all around. Or possibly front 235/35 and back 255/35.

what Is your opinion on this setup?

I have the pre-facelift VRS estate 2.0TDI lowered on H&R springs 40mm.

• 3 years later...
On 10/11/2022 at 10:38, SCShaw said:

HELP 

can I fit 235 35 19r and 19"x8.5 et40 Rims on 2018plt 230 vrs , they are the Axe cf2 Rims. 

If your octy is a mk3 facelift no chance. Won't fit the rear arches