Car Cover

Hi all I am looking for a outside car cover to protect my car from birds $**t I have had a Google but there seems to be so many choices ranging up to a few hundred pounds

Has anyone got one or used one that they would recommend?

Cheers Tris  

I have a brilliant car cover.........its called a Garage!!!.....sorry, couldn't resist that.

You must be one of the very few to actually put a car in your garage. Seems strange because I thought they were for washing machines, bikes, pushchairs, home brewing equipment and all sorts of crap that should be taken to the dump.

I guess it takes all sorts - live and let live.

• Like 1

My garage has my Triumph America under a cover in it.

One problem with a cover is in any wind the cover will obviously move and this can cause wear over a period of time on the paint or shiny bits.

You must be one of the very few to actually put a car in your garage. Seems strange because I thought they were for washing machines, bikes, pushchairs, home brewing equipment and all sorts of crap that should be taken to the dump.

I guess it takes all sorts - live and let live.

I had always been a great believer of using a garage for purpose....what's more important, protecting an expensive car or the usual so called "garage crap"!....just my personal opinion.

Cant put it in the garage my MK3 vRS is in there.

Cover is for daily use just to keep the everyday weather off as much as I can I use it for work so it must look its best.

I have had a look on ebay but as I said there are so many to choose from hence why I was asking for advice from anyone who may have used one.

My Superb is in my garage, as I only use it for weekends and because as usual, go over the top, I also purchased a car cover to stop it getting dusty, I know totally OTT, I purchased this one from Amazon, I hope this information helps.

A-Express® Extra Large XL Heavy Duty 100% Waterproof Breathable Full Car Cover   http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GRXG4EU?ref_=pe_747761_41376721

Be careful, car covers can do as much harm as good. They're more of a pain than washing guano off the car because the cover itself eventually becomes caked in biohazard. Best solution is to use an "anti-pigeon" device near the tree in question. Won't stop organic detritus and sap falling on it though.

The other issue with car covers is what do you do with it when you take it off to use the vehicle especially if its soaking wet!?

I've used covers on motorcycles that are much smaller and they are still a pain, I've always ended up shoving them in the bath when I take them off as its the only place they'll fit and it doesn't matter if they are soaking wet. Not ideal but at least you can easily wash the bath once you've removed the cover.

Car covers used outside will cause more damage to the paintwork than bird sh*te, the wind will make the cover constantly flap on the car causing scratches galore,

the only type of cover I would consider is a freestanding one that you drive into (like a tent) but then you need to make sure it is secured to the ground secure to stop it from blowing off and causing more damage to the car!