Another VRS towball question

I've just purchased an Octavia VRS estate, first registered December 2014.

I'm looking to fit a detachable towball to carry a cycle rack but I do not want to cut the rear bumper. And I'm hoping that the whole thing will be invisible when not in use.

Any recommendations please?

Got a vertically detachable Westfalia fitted to my vRS hatch through my local dealer, there is a cut rectangle underneath on the horizontal surface, around 20cms x 12, for shoving the neck into the mounting socket and accessing the electric connector. Exactly the same as on my previous SE. Totally unseen except when you lie on your back under the car. The whole design of the detachable kit means you won't get away without this hole. See this page on the Westfalia site - https://www.westfalia-automotive.com/uk/products/towbars/detachable-towbars/

Similarly I had a Tow Trust removable Tow bar with 13 pin electrics fitted to my new vrs in January. It required a rectangular cut right on the underside of the bumper. This is 100% invisible until you get your head down below bumper level to see it. It means that when not being used, absolutely no part of the Tow bar is seen, or the electrics as they swing up into the hole. It's fantastic.

Ps, I did get your point that you do not want the bumper cut, I was concerned too, but it is an invisible cut, and I may be wrong here but I'm not sure if it's possible to fit a removable bar without it.

Edited by Corrida15

..., and I may be wrong here but I'm not sure if it's possible to fit a removable bar without it.

yes, I agree.

I think this is because the underside of the bumper extends too far under the car and the lateral beam is completely enclosed. The Westfalia site has a video illustrating this reasonably well.

Thanks for that huge amount of info.......

To be fair, there isn't a huge amount of info to give. It's pretty easy to use and comes with a 13 pin connector that folds away. The whole set up is completely invisible when detached (and connector folded away)

To be fair, there isn't a huge amount of info to give. It's pretty easy to use and comes with a 13 pin connector that folds away. The whole set up is completely invisible when detached (and connector folded away)

Cheers, at least you have said about it :-)

Out of interest, what are the factory detachable tow bars like?

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow (if I remember).

It's been fine for me, slide it in, lock it and presto it's ready.

Thankful I've been lazy and left it in, as my boss the dosy cow reversed into my car, didn't even know she'd done it. Towball shape dint in her rear bumper.

Like he says its invisible and it works. You wanted an opinion you got one.