Washers - service recall

Just got back from the dealership after an appointment raising some issues.

Namely, the phone box mechanism is fiddly and poorly put together so a part has been ordered.

My air con was blazing hot at all times recently... But as sod's law dictates it was working fine with the technicians?! Will monitor it for now.

MPG - after 1200 miles my 1.4TSI DSG is averaging 30mpg. Which I'm not too pleased with... They're saying I should give it more time and do a brim test too... I do not have a heavy foot and a lot of my driving is A roads. So again I'll monitor and complain after a couple hundred more miles if I'm not seeing a change.

Service Recall - whilst I was there though, they told me that my car is due a service recall for the windscreen washers? So they've ordered the parts and in a few weeks they'll book me back in.

Anybody else had a service recall on the washers?

And any other thoughts on the MPG side from fellow 1.4TSI owners?

They will fob you off regarding the MPG for a few thousand miles IMO, you should do a few brim to brim tests (use something like fuelly to log it)

MPG is very subjective though and really only useful if you compare it with the same journeys done in a previous car, for example my MKI Superb (PD130) was more economical than my MKII (170CR) and the MKII was more economical than my current MKIII (190CR) all doing the same driving routes / conditions. 

DiazService Recall - whilst I was there though, they told me that my car is due a service recall for the windscreen washers? So they've ordered the parts and in a few weeks they'll book me back in.

Anybody else had a service recall on the washers?

No but mine had the fuse box cable check (Recall 97BN)... mine was fine

Did they give you the recall number? 

Mine has to go back in for a completely new glovebox (not just the door) due to an ongoing rattle... or at least one of them so I will ask when it comes in stock (they are on back order)

Edited by Gizmo68

My only recall so far was for the fuse box connection (which was actually okay in mine).

I haven't had the issue with windscreen washers that others reported (poor alignment, lack of pressure) and my car is not listed for a recall.

You can check for recalls for your Skoda at any time by entering your VIN here.

• Like 1

I thought it might be Sagalout, so let's wait and see.

Oddly my VIN doesn't show a recall on the website BillyJim... So perhaps it might be worth some of us giving the dealership a call to be certain?

There should be a recall for the washers for sure: for being generally crap in design. I'd happily retrofit mine for some Mk2 Superb washers as they were excellent.......

Don't get a 'recall' and 'service campaign' mixed up.

A recall is a safety issue which is enforced by VOSA and requires Skoda to make efforts to contact you,

A service campaign is for less serious issues which are attended to when the car passes through Skoda's dealer network. You won't be contacted.

• Like 1

Just put my VIN number in and hey presto, I have a recall campaign on my car. I know it's had the cable done as I checked with the supplying dealer. Better make a call on Monday.

Seen other posts on here about a potential issue with sunroofs, it may be for that.

• Like 1

My washer seem ok..

checked the url.

Dear customer,
No relevant recall campaigns have been launched by ŠKODA for the entered VINxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just put my VIN number in and hey presto, I have a recall campaign on my car. I know it's had the cable done as I checked with the supplying dealer. Better make a call on Monday.

When did you get your car? Just wondering if I can work out if mine MIGHT be affected if we have a similar build/delivery date.

The VIN checker is having 'issues' at the moment so can't check mine.

When did you get your car? Just wondering if I can work out if mine MIGHT be affected if we have a similar build/delivery date.

The VIN checker is having 'issues' at the moment so can't check mine.

Not sure on the build dates. Was reg'd late September '15. I bought it dealer reg'd with 100 miles on.

I have had the mod done when my car was in a few weeks ago as mentioned elsewhere. The issue i now have is that if the spray is directed so that the central nozzle hits the screen 3/4 of the way up the outer spray hits the door mirror  :thumbdown: It seems that the spray pattern is all wrong, it sprays too wide. How can they get something so simple so wrong :notme: